More than 2500 chords on one sheet!

-Martin-

Reaction score
Since I couldn’t find a really good ukulele chord chart, I decided to create my own. The basic idea was to collect moveable chord patterns, which could be used for any root note.
14och1d.jpg

Here’s how it works: Black symbols represent the fingering for the chord shape. You need to know the notes on your fret board, because the triangles show the position of the root note of your chord.
Chord pattern variations are indicated by grey dots. Grey triangles show root notes that aren’t played, for example in 9th chords (which consist of 5 notes).
Examples: If you want to play a C-Major chord, you’ll have a look at the Major patterns. The first pattern offers an open 0-0-0-3 grip and a 12-12-12-15 grip. Note that the triangles have to be C notes, cause C is the root note of C Major. The next pattern yields 9-7-8-7 or 9-7-8-10 (the grey dot variant) and so on. D Major chords have the same shape, just two frets higher.
The chord shapes work for ADF#B and DGBE tunings, as well!
I added some useful chord grips for GCEA tuning that are not covered by the patterns (similar to tab format).
I hope you’ll find this chart as useful as I do. Have fun!

Edit: Click for High-Resolution JPEG or PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/au0vg4ga4cpytyk/qKJKmQ5r9H?m

Last edited:
Thanks, that was a lot of work. Great chart.

Can anyone read hieroglyphics? I failed Egyptian 101.

Love it!

This is some quality reference material. I appreciate the work it took to put this together. I especially like that you included the scale degrees and the way you snuck in some of the common variable chords with open strings. Great job, man.

One gentle request: Any chance you could post a PDF of this? It's a little fuzzy when I print it out.

Aloha and welcome to the forum. What a great first post! Some of the grips are a little beyond my stretching ability but it's fun to try. Gives me practice using the thumb under and around the neck with the fingers to really increase the reach span. Now to work on transitioning between chords. Thanks a lot for all your work! :shaka:

Yes, please put your great efforts on a PDF, that'd be awesome.

I've located an Egytptologist at my local university who's willing to help me decipher it.:eek::rolleyes:

I'm glad you like my work. I tried to attach a PDF of it, but the size is restricted to 19KB. Unfortunately, a PDF of good quality would be about 1.8MB. Any ideas?

What about uploading the PDF to a file sharing site like Mediafire or Dropbox, and then posting the link here?

I just added a link to my original post for high-resolution JPEG and PDF files. Enjoy!

Top Bottom