Lanikai LU-21 vs. Kala KA-S vs. Rogue Ukulele

Lanikai vs. Kala vs. Rogue

I have played many, many `ukulele in my lifetime, so trust me on this.
I have tried Lanikai, Kala, and Rogue `ukulele. You have a pretty good mindset for your ranking (starter right?). I have a custom `ukulele from a local manufacturer here on Maui. He recently retired though. I have been looking for a better `ukulele. Many people have suggested I use the big brands, like Koaloha, Kamaka, Pono, and Ko`olau. Some have suggested I use Lanikai. I love Lanikai `ukulele from the bottom of my heart. They are so affordable, and sound so beautiful. Definitely go for it. Lanikai is the way to go!!!
You will want to play with Worth Strings though. You can try Aquila, but if you're looking for versatility, go for Worth Strings. GOOD LUCK!!!

another option

Another great option is the Lanikai LU-11. It's a bit cheaper than the LU-21 and is basically the same; it just doesn't have the white binding. It's a great starter uke, and I still play it all the time. Tone is full, there is no buzz, and the intonation is great. The aquillas it came with are soft and forgiving. The action was fine right out of the box. Tough to find a better uke for under $50.

Top Bottom