NEW Ohana Guitalele

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Ohana has new Guitaleles in soprano, concert and tenor scales. I've only the tenors.
Features: Solid spruce top, flamed mahogany b/s, maple binding and gloss finish, 1.5" @ nut, tenor body, List is $469.00
Tuned ADGCEA
Lots of projection and of course it's fun to play!
ohana guitalele.jpg

Videos, anyone?

Virtually no-one has seen these yet, let alone made videos, DrB. Naturally we had them at our booth at NAMM in January. I didn't really have time to test drive it fully though as we had quite a large number of new products on display. I don't think I even mentioned it in the UU video. I won't have one to play around with until after Musikmesse next month.

I have the Yamaha GL1 as well and find the neck cramped. I can't imagine a soprano/concert version would feel any better.

But it's nice to see Ohana stepping up to the plate. At the price point, I'd expect it to be a decent instrument, somewhat above other (lower priced) contenders.

Do they tend to be neck heavy? That tenor looks great!

It has a 1.5" @ nut and scale is 17" . The neck relief is much like an Ohana baritone . Doesn't feel too heavy or big to me.

Oh and David my mango tenor is almost ready :) Really , I'll have it in May!

I'm curious how one would actually play a concert or soprano sized guitalele. I have the Yamaha, and sometimes that almost seems too small. I'm not even sure barre chords would work too well on a soprano?

Good thing I'm poor or I'd have to pre-order one just to see it.

Has anyone played/owned one of these? Apparently, not many places have them in stock, and I don't even see them on Ohana's website.

Has anyone played/owned one of these? Apparently, not many places have them in stock, and I don't even see them on Ohana's website.

Old thread. I think they were prototypes that never went into production.

A soprano guitalele? I'd need one of those just for the weird factor.

I had one of the sopranos, but have since sold it. Kinda miss it every now and then!
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...O-guitalele&highlight=ohana+soprano+guitalele
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...guitarlele&highlight=ohana+soprano+guitarlele

Ohana certainly builds some nice looking/playing ukes. Like I keep saying, I love mine. I don't want a guitalele, but it's nice to know I'd have choices if I did.

Top Bottom