just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

BEVOMU, hey! my first take, after learning a song...which may take me days to get it to where i like how it sounds, but really,
my first take usually sounds the best! if i can make it through all the way without messing up!
but rarely can i make it through! my wife is my sound "editor"...i'll look over at her and if she okay's it, then i'll post.
but, mostly she's shaking her head or has an odd look on her face, then i know, i have to do it again!
i wouldn't make it as a 'live' performer!

Performing live is a different kettle of fish. Often the audience don't notice a duff chord and even if they do, it's done and gone and you are onto the next bit, they can't rewind and revel in you mistakes. A mate of mine [a great guitarist] played a tune and messed up completely so stopped, said something like "only joking" and went straight into the next tune. :^)
Get yourself down to the local open mic and give it a try the people there will mostly have been in the same boat when they started and will cut you a lot of slack. Don't just be a 'bedroom warrior'.

Good thread about takes, folks thanks. I usually decide on a key and print something out or read it off of the screen for the seasons. I used to be much better with memorization of songs but I do a lot more of them now. I could easily play 3-4 hours of songs without lead sheets in the guitar days but I played that instrument for decades and this one for around 3 years so far.

I DO find that I get more/more enthusiastic comments on songs that I have in my noodle rather than on paper.

In the band I'm learning more about feeling my way through a song I don't know. Some lead sheets just have a "G" written on the top or something like that. That makes adjustments for mistakes easier when I'm trying to record a first take or whatever, too.

i'm not really just hanging around the computer and pressing refresh every five minutes to see if the new season is up

oh no

i'd never do that

:uhoh:

well

not MUCH

:D

saturday night

waiting for the new season

YOU CAN FEEL THE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR!

Its like were a bunch of chickens waiting around the feed house for scratch to be thrown down:)

Please don't hold back the announcement in deference to the 101st season. I'm as anxious as everyone else to find out next week's theme!

Please don't hold back the announcement in deference to the 101st season. I'm as anxious as everyone else to find out next week's theme!

Don't want to have "season creep" where it keeps getting announced a little earlier and earlier. I remember a discussion Alan was having about it and it seems as though 10pm eastern is when a lot of people do it. Normally, I'm like Linda and Lynda hitting refresh all the time about now.......:eek:

Yes Fred I can still see you! We all want you...

to post the darn thing, will ya! :smileybounce:

Fred loves all us women waiting on him. Its every mans dream to be waited on! (see what I did) :)

Yes, but did it do it, did it ?

Did it do it den, did it ?

Doh

Top Bottom