just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....

Fred, I had exactly the same thought at exactly the same moment. I was just about to come here and type a series of taps.

And it's pretty much all your fault, so it's perfect it's you. Your blues week two weeks ago was the one that finally got me to stop saying, "I think I'll take this week off." (Because that inevitably led to, "But if I did participate, what would I do?" Which of course inevitably led to picking something too cool to resist, which in turn inevitably led of course to doing that very thing. (And lately, one or two other things that popped into my head unbidden.)

I'm not even trying to resist any more. I did my hat song and bonus non-hat-clothing song by Tuesday this week (I never meant to do a bonus song ... it just took me over and I had to ... just as I never meant to do three freakin' blues songs ... with one I'm still gonna do some day ....). So now I got nothing left to do but come sit here and tap till somebody tells me what to do next!!!!

Tap ... tap ... tap ... tap ... tap ..................................................
Refresh ... tap ... tap ... tap ... do something else for a few seconds ... refresh ... tap ... tap ... refresh ... tap ... tap ........ HELP!

(Does not help at all that I have been left alone with the big box of Valentine chocolates somebody bought me.)

Tap ... tap ... edit post ... refresh ... nibble ... tap ..........

Last edited:
My fault?? Now that's a bit harsh. Are you telling me you NEVER waited impatiently for the next season prior to 102? Not sure I believe that........

What if someone whispered in your ear "what if someone started a Blues Island so people could still do their guilty Blues pleasures and post them ....a Blues only island........separate and different from misfits.." what if ?........

What if someone whispered in your ear "what if someone started a Blues Island so people could still do their guilty Blues pleasures and post them ....a Blues only island........separate and different from misfits.." what if ?........

I seriously thought about that when it was brought up (I think by you) a couple weeks ago. My issue is that I don't personally want to take any thunder away from whoever is doing the regular Season. Secondly, I will then feel a need to do the Season PLUS a blues song. Then if someone starts a folk thread I'll want to do that too, and so on. I'm actually living in fear that someone may set these up.......

I don' mean you have to set the island up Fred ...someone else could that ..........but would it be presumptuous of a nooob to drop a pile of sand in the oggin ..........that's Ocean to you ....and say welcome to Blues Isle ......

I mean for the Island to be there all the time for when someone wants to do a Blues number ........? Occasionally or persistently...a place to drop anchor and chill away while Bluesing it up......who would you have to ask for permission to drop a rock and build such a loverly place ..?

My fault?? Now that's a bit harsh. Are you telling me you NEVER waited impatiently for the next season prior to 102? Not sure I believe that........

It's actually true. In fact, I would usually forget all about it until FiL would ask if I'd seen the new Season yet. And then I'd just roll my eyes and run for cover.

You forget, I'm still pretty new here (21 Seasons only - 4.5 months). But mostly because it's been a rare week that I got my one entry in before (second) Sunday afternoon. More than once I was up till midnight Hawaii time or even later (don't tell :)) getting my last-minute entry in under the wire. So I was too busy catching up from the outgoing Season to even think of the new one. The new one just overwhelmed me.

This getting-two-videos-done-by-Tuesday business is totally new to me!

Would it be totally uncool and a terrible breach of Seasons etiquette to just post occasional blues songs on the Season 102 thread? Because I totally want to do that.

(Anticipating the expected onrush of horrified PM's and public scoldings for even suggesting such a dastardly thing. (Please be kind ... and do it here.))

(Some day I'm also going to complete my MTV video. I audio-recorded the song and everything. It's the only one I've missed since (my) week 3. Video editing beat me.)

Would it be totally uncool and a terrible breach of Seasons etiquette to just post occasional blues songs on the Season 102 thread? Because I totally want to do that.

Not a bad idea. I've got no problem with that if people want to use that thread for ongoing blues songs.

Then if someone starts a folk thread I'll want to do that too, and so on. I'm actually living in fear that someone may set these up.......
and the disco thread

i'd kinda live there

and the punk thread

and the abba thread

oh

help

nevertheless... ceejay why don't you start a blues extra thread? BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.

although of course one could always do a blues song - or a disco, punk, abba or indeed any other song and swing by the misfits with it

i think it started out really as somewhere you could post eight and a half million songs on the current season's theme even if the host of the current season had a song limit somewhere BELOW eight and a half million...

but i've swung by a couple of times and just posted some random song i wanted to share, nothing to do with a current season, just wanted to share it with season peeps, and nobody threw anything at me

summary - this post in a nutshell - lynda says "i dunno" :uhoh:

Well Season 102 could be the spiritual home of the behemoth of a brilliant brand new blues isle built for all players to bring their blues and blues questions and tunes and tricky tips and advice and we could talk about things like blues scales which differ fro the normal ones and patterns in picking and ...other bluesy stuff........

CJ

ceejay, just start a Blues thread for all random and spontaneous blues songs you and others want to record. I think that's better than trying to extend a Season...people won't understand that to mean what you're hoping for.
Maybe call it Songs Sung Blues.

ginnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

yay!

and yeah you have a point there, if people just see that season 102 has had another post, on the seasons thread page index thingy page, they might just think it's extended congrats to winners/thanks to the lovely host etc etc, and not realise it could be new blues vids...

Top Bottom