just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

I've gotten to the point where I even start preparing for themes that haven't happened! Last fall, I figured someone would inevitably have a theme about food, and I learned the Robyn Hitchcock song "The Cheese Alarm" so I'd be ready when the day came. Five months later, we still hadn't had that theme, so I just gave up an posted the song on the video board.

Hahahaha! That is so funny- I do this too! ;) Just last week i heard a song about food on the radio and thought to myself when the Food theme comes around on the Seasons that would be a great song to learn. Really, I'm surprised no one's picked this theme yet- there are so many great songs associated with eating. If we still haven't had a Food theme by week 74 I think I'll have to go with it (although I'm already planning a different theme if it hasn't already been done...)

Hahahaha! That is so funny- I do this too! ;) Just last week i heard a song about food on the radio and thought to myself when the Food theme comes around on the Seasons that would be a great song to learn. Really, I'm surprised no one's picked this theme yet- there are so many great songs associated with eating. If we still haven't had a Food theme by week 74 I think I'll have to go with it (although I'm already planning a different theme if it hasn't already been done...)

I better start practicing!! HAHA

I am the total opposite that if I work on a song and can complete it, I'll post it instead of perfecting it. Sometimes, I wish I saved it for futre themes but that's not my personality.

I'm pretty sure it's Saturday, now...

Right?

I would like to think about next week.
Yes I would.

Don't you hate it when the host waits until Sunday morning to post, and they live on the east coast. they should be drawn and quartered. that's a bit harsh, sorry. maybe just keel hauled. ok, maybe 30 lashes. w/ wet noodle? forget it.

Don't you hate it when the host waits until Sunday morning to post, and they live on the east coast. they should be drawn and quartered. that's a bit harsh, sorry. maybe just keel hauled. ok, maybe 30 lashes. w/ wet noodle? forget it.

I live even further west and am posting Sunday morning - but I am away from home this weekend

Some folks just have no patience :drool:

Sorta true.
I like to get mine done in the daylight hours on Sunday afternoon. Post it after 8:00pm Aussie time and then I can just enjoy the other Seasonistas efforts during the week - I do view every one but sometimes not all of the video.
I also sometimes post a few bonuses depending on how the theme moves me.

Sorta true.
I like to get mine done in the daylight hours on Sunday afternoon. Post it after 8:00pm Aussie time and then I can just enjoy the other Seasonistas efforts during the week - I do view every one but sometimes not all of the video.
I also sometimes post a few bonuses depending on how the theme moves me.

Briz YOU ARE A MACHINE :worship:

Briz YOU ARE A MACHINE :worship:

Yeah, right Jon.
But I do enjoy the seasons.
It gives me a reason to do a song I would probably not otherwise do and share it with people thinking about and posting songs on the same theme. And many of them (like you Jon) REALLY talented - some of them trying out and demonstrating newly gained skills - and others at the very beginning of their ukulele journey.
I have come to really look forward to what some of the regulars will come up with.
I also enjoy finding a song to satisfy each week's host's conditions.
It's a great place to spend time - my wife says TOO MUCH.
I guess it will eventually wear off but it hasn't yet.

No season 76?

I know, I wake up each Sunday and after a cup of Java I check to see the theme so I can get cracking. always disappointed when it's not there yet. Last time I was hosting I forgot and was late posting myself. haha

wow, just noticed I'm over 2k posts. I need to get a life

Last edited:
Top Bottom