just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

Can't believe no one's yet mentioned ... Ken Burns!

And so far only Spruce Creek Pickers (Priscilla and Chris), in the Seasons thread, have obliquely mentioned Burns & Allen.

Burning Feeling

Anticipation heights within me
I cannot hold this pensive feeling
I'm climbing walls and hugging ceiling
My thoughts won't let me be

This hesitation strives inside me
I can't release this burning feeling
I'm scratching marks and hitting ceiling
For SAS has hold you see

Wow, Geoff. I hadn't heard that song in years and when I did I was too young and ignorant to pick up all the references ( I didn't read either author until University). That's a superb analysis of how intellectuals can get caught up in intellectualism to the detriment of real life.

As for this season, if Linda is the hostess with the mostess, I'm betting on something sweetly melancholic and nostalgic :rolleyes: say from the early 60s. Songs of "PP&M"?

Wow, Geoff. I hadn't heard that song in years and when I did I was too young and ignorant to pick up all the references ( I didn't read either author until University). That's a superb analysis of how intellectuals can get caught up in intellectualism to the detriment of real life.

And of a marriage gone stale but neither can quite make the break.

Burning Feeling

Anticipation heights within me
I cannot hold this pensive feeling
I'm climbing walls and hugging ceiling
My thoughts won't let me be

This hesitation strives inside me
I can't release this burning feeling
I'm scratching marks and hitting ceiling
For SAS has hold you see
see if i had come up with that, it'd be on youtube by now!!!!!!!!

Really? You want me to post early? Its only 3pm here!?

Won't Wee be a wee bit mad and want to burn the place down?!

Really? You want me to post early? Its only 3pm here!?

Won't Wee be a wee bit mad and want to burn the place down?!

Go for it. I am not a stickler for rules and regulations. I can see that everyones
imaginations are inflamed, and there has been a slow smoldering of desire to set light
to a new season So all I can say is let it Burn Baby Burn.

Go for it. I am not a stickler for rules and regulations. I can see that everyones
imaginations are inflamed, and there has been a slow smoldering of desire to set light
to a new season So all I can say is let it Burn Baby Burn.

Well with that being said and I have your support.....It will be up within the hour:)

Love this one Wendy :)

Love this one Wendy :)

Thanks, Linda! The first two Proclaimers albums are some of my favorites of all times. I had them both on one cassette in the '90's and practically wore the thing out. Favorite music for staying awake on long road trips.

I figured this particular song was the perfect response to your comment. Coupla Scots with even stronger accents than Wee burning a building down. They don't often come this well matched. :) And I love that the album cover with their picture is the thumbnail.

Looking forward to seeing your theme before going out to play some music tonight!

Top Bottom