Thread: Ukulele slipping

Default Ukulele slipping

I've noticed a few posts on the uke forums asking for help with belly slip (that moment midway through a song when you feel the uke begin sliding away down your chest). Here's a video I just made to show my simple yet effective solution which involves no straps, no damage to the instrument and no firm gripping (as I like to keep loose while strumming). Hope its helpful...

Great tip! I've been doing that for a long time but I use 3M trim spray to stick the stuff semi-permanently to the back of the uke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O4oqvI6Cfo

I'm also a lot more long-winded than you are!

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

YEE...HAA! Watched both vids, went to the hardware store this morning, and now have a non-slip uke.
    Thanks.
    R
    But wait...there's more... Sure am getting some twangy pull-offs...
    Last edited by RonT; 03-28-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    I can't play my banjo either......

I starting using a rubber patch designed to keep your cell phone on the dash of the car. It's terrific.
    It doesn't need any adhesive to stick, it's so tacky. But doesn't leave any marks and peels right off.
    No need for tape/glue etc.

Well, you guys are all thin. I use my protruding stomach to perch my uke on top of.
    All for sale; pm me:

Ohana SK21 (brand new in OHSC, $185)-> $175
    Ohana SK50GS (excellent condition, $125) -> $115
    Teton 30 series soprano (great condition, $109) -> $99
    Islander MS4 (mint like new condition, $79) -> $69

Cordoba protege 1/4 student classical guitar (mint condition in original gig bag, $99)

Esteve 8 classical cedar rosewood all solid guitar (mint condition in HSC, $950)

Good quick and dirty, cheap fix. Magic Fluke has a plastic, super slick back, and they sell a product called Grip Strips for their ukuleles. Not sure that they would be okay for wood ukuleles, (possible damage) but this is a good thread to include it for informal purposes.
    IMG_4169.jpg
    https://www.magicfluke.com/product-p/gripstrips.htm
    Trent

Get Fat or use a Strap!

A strap or strip would probably be cheaper than getting fat. If anyone ever ribbed me about my Budweiser Tumor, I always responded "Hey, it cost me a lot of money to get that!"

I use something similar, only mine is rug underlay from the Dollar Tree.
    - Laura

Soprano - Koaloha Opio (Sapele), Martin OXK (HPL), Brueko No. 2 (Maple), Vintage 40's Silvertone (Mahogany), Vintage 50's Harmony (Birch), Zither Heaven (1 Black Walnut & 1 Cherry), First Act Discovery (Plastic)
    Concert - Luna (Spruce top)
    Tenor - Outdoor Ukulele (Composite Polycarbonate), Mainland (Mahogany)

I didn't know this was a prevalent issue. Interesting. I usually just hold my soprano in a way against my chest and I can play even standing up or walking about without readjusting or needing a strap. Maybe I can show you if it may help?
    All for sale; pm me:

Ohana SK21 (brand new in OHSC, $185)-> $175
    Ohana SK50GS (excellent condition, $125) -> $115
    Teton 30 series soprano (great condition, $109) -> $99
    Islander MS4 (mint like new condition, $79) -> $69

Cordoba protege 1/4 student classical guitar (mint condition in original gig bag, $99)

Esteve 8 classical cedar rosewood all solid guitar (mint condition in HSC, $950)

Thread Information