What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I don't remember whether I ever answered the question. Fifty pages, that's traction. My last ukulele was my Mainland which I bought in April of 2014. I have not really wanted another ukulele, but I have recently acquired a student and her mother pays me every week in cash. I throw the cash in my ukulele case where it has been accumulating. So my wife asked me what I was going to do with all my money, and I told her that I was going to buy a new ukulele with it. I don't even know why I said that, but I've started looking around. So far I haven't found anything that I really wish that I had. The seed has been planted however, and I look almost every day to see if something calls to me. I particularly check here in Marketplace because I think it would be fun to buy one from someone in this community.

Last edited:
My last was a Pone MTD-CR. Next on my agenda is SELLING, not buying any more, as I have the 2 ukes I wanted (a baritone and a tenor), and have too many mandolin and violin family instruments that aren't getting played. I need to reclaim the space!

bratsche

Yesterday a Martin Style 3 Centennial from Elderly and this morning a Martin Style 1 from Chicago music exchange . Its about time sell off a few..

https://goo.gl/photos/3cLzj4JpE3WQUfAG6 (That's Corey of HMS playing.)

I decided to try something new, unique to me, and way out of my comfort zone.

I added a Kanile'a Custom 19 inch scale Koa Tenor recently. I had no idea that I was going to like it, and decided to try it on a whim as I had never had anything at that scale before. I am really surprised how comfortable I am with it and how I am able to move up and down the fretboard so comfortably.

I don't know what the next one will be, but as I will attending the The Ukulele Fest of Great Britain next month, I am sure there will be another one in my future.

That is wonderful Lenny! I'll be surprised if you don't come home from Cheltenham with a Howlett.

A Cocobolo soprano, next is a Cocobolo 5 string tenor.

I confess to having bought eight and sold five in a bit over a year, but when you live far from anywhere you can try before you buy, this might be necessary, especially in trying different scales and neck sizes. I learned a lot and didn't waste too much money. My most-recent purchase was the Mahilele. I'm currently on a ukulele-buying hiatus, as three or four seems to be my upper limit of comfort for accumulation and I don't want to sell any of the ones I have. I wish I could count on not buying more, but that seems unlikely. I remember thinking it was going to be one and done. Oh those days of innocence.

My last purchase was a Koaloha soprano this month last year. I have two ukes now, a good number for me. I recently sold my low G tenor to partially fund the purchase of a Hilton Electronics volume pedal. As far as ukes go, I don't have my eye on any one in particular but I'm sure I'll purchase another one (probably another K brand) in the next few years.

I have not stayed current with this thread.........there has been a flurry of activity in the stable of ukes. I hear confession is good for the soul, we will see. In the last 6 weeks I have purchased a used Koolau tenor (NUD done), Korala plastic concert (NUD done) a used Mya Moe baritone (NUD done). In a moment of weakness, aren't they all, I bought Lennys used Blackbear ULO concert and it is in transit. I did sell 5 ukes in the last 4-5 months so it is really just rotating in and out

To answer the question "what are you planning to buy next"????? Most of my purchases are not planned. I do have a Farallon on order, due in June sometime so I am planning to buy that. I am also waiting on a LfdM baritone due in September.

I'm with Dave as far as this may be more of a confessional of unplanned rapid acquisitions than that of well strategized buying plan. But to try and stay in the theme of the thread:

One uke Arrived on Tuesday, one on-order being built, two Ukes scheduled for delivery today... Yes suffering from UAS!

Last acquired Purchase: A: KoAloha Opio Concert Acacia; B: Martin Centennial Series 1 Soprano (Out for Delivery); C: Koa Pili Koko (KPK) Deluxe Super Soprano (On Order). D: Kala SSLNG (Out for delivery).

IMG_1972.jpg

Next planned purchase: With the KoAloha Opio now in my hands and being hard to put down, the Martin and Kala scheduled for delivery today, followed by the KPK on-order, I have absolutely no reason to be thinking about "the next purchase". But just for fun, if I were thinking about the next purchase I was previously considering in a wide range from the likes of a Blackbird Clara, to a Spruce Fluke with Pegheads and a Player Sound Port. But then KoAloha has absolutely bowled me over, so currently I would be thinking of another KoAloha model... My name is Ukuleleden, and I have UAS really bad.:music:

Last edited:
Flea concert, next:Ohana ck39 when it's out

I've just bought a Ken Timms style 0, a truly beautiful little ukulele and now hoping this will stop my AUS for a while...

Bruko #6F and KoAloha Koa "Rosette" Soprano (KSR- 00)...my next target Martin 2K Soprano!!!

Another one who has missed this thread. ☺️

I am a lover of the Martin sound. Not much else floats my boat even the K's. I recently got a Ken Timms Soprano. I don't think anything else I could buy will top it. Not stopping me trying tho...

I have a hand made uke on commission expected Christmas time. One Wunderkammer Ike Soprano. All hand tooled in.. yup a 1920's Martin vibe. Always on the look out for a vintage Martin.

Last was a Bruko #6, very cool little soprano, love the look; the sound is still growing on me. That 1 piece maple neck makes me feel like I'm slinging a telecaster! Next will be a mahogany concert, probably a laminate Famous/Kiwaya, as I love my lam koa Famous FS-5.
You have good taste, John.

Thanks Teri. I inquired about the Famous laminate mahogany concert FC-1G model from a shop on Rakutin Global (in Japan). They told me they can't ship these to US, because of the CITIES restrictions on rosewood. :( Too bad. I thought they had switched the fingerboards to walnut, which would avoid that issue. Will try some other shops there to see what they say.

Thanks Teri. I inquired about the Famous laminate mahogany concert FC-1G model from a shop on Rakutin Global (in Japan). They told me they can't ship these to US, because of the CITIES restrictions on rosewood. :( Too bad. I thought they had switched the fingerboards to walnut, which would avoid that issue. Will try some other shops there to see what they say.
Oh rats, please tell us what you find out.

Oh rats, please tell us what you find out.

No reply from the shop I tried to buy from in Japan. I guess a Famous concert us off the radar for now, unless they start using alternates to rosewood. I have a used Fluke concert coming soon instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom