What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

last ukulele bought: Blueridge tenor guitar (steel-stringed baritone)

next ukuleles:
1. in January I will get a cigar box guitar (4 strings, tuned like a baritone)
2. in July I will receive a custom long-neck tenor I commissioned from Tinguitar

A Donner tenor for my nephew's Christmas gift.
Apparently his shipmates got him playing 6 months ago
with a loaner.

Imua ICN, I'm very pleased with it. Love the hand rubbed oil/wax finish.
It got even better after I changed strings to Worths browns.
It's a small concert with a feel very similar to Kiwaya.
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg
Next: Koaloha concert

Last edited:
My Loprinzi cedar/rosewood concert should be ready in about a week. Yippee.....can't wait to get it.

ahoy

few weeks ago got a 90 plus year old Martin style 1
it is nothing short of wonderful
month before that
got at 90 plus year old Martin style 2

this has to be the end of my UAS
no next uke for a very long time
cookie jar is empty
wife will kill me if buy another uke

yours truly
mac

Enya Sapele Tenor Ukulele in August. I wanted to try the tenor size without breaking the bank. Except for the fret ends that I had to sand down, it is a very nice uke! I really like it!

My last was a Romero Creation XS Soprano Spalted Mango. A sweet little Uke that really exceeds my expectations. My next one could either be a Oceana custom concert which I ordered 3 months ago, or a Fred Shields custom Soprano which I ordered 3 weeks ago. Both should be ready by Christmas/New Year. Will see which one arrives first.

I kinda lost my mind over the Enya X1 model, a formica car uke appeals to me. So I bought the round bodied soprano (frypan) first. Then I bought the pineapple soprano, because I have never owned a pineapple. It does have a bigger, fuller more resonant sound, quite nice actually. They all have a radius fret board so I bought the concert, it has a pick up yahoo.

There has been a tenor purchased recently but that one deserves a NUD which I will get to in a week or so.

20171211_084610.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda lost my mind over the Enya X1 model, a formica car uke appeals to me. So I bought the round bodied soprano (frypan) first. Then I bought the pineapple soprano, because I have never owned a pineapple. It does have a bigger, fuller more resonant sound, quite nice actually. They all have a radius fret board so I bought the concert, it has a pick up yahoo.

There has been a tenor purchased recently but that one deserves a NUD which I will get to in a week or so.

View attachment 105270

I ordered this very same Enya pineapple so that Dave won't kick me out of his club.
I ordered a cherry wood pineapple custom built by Fred Shields to support Mr Shields quality craftsmanship.
I just bought a Lerrivee Baritone in support of fella Canadian but only to found out Mr Lerrivee has become an American
Now let's see who can I support next ???? :rolleyes:

May be this one next since it's a Canadian made
https://www.zzounds.com/item--SEAUKENYL

Last edited:
I ordered this very same Enya pineapple so that Dave won't kick me out of his club.
I ordered a cherry wood pineapple custom built by Fred Shields to support Mr Shields quality craftsmanship.
I just bought a Lerrivee Baritone in support of fella Canadian but only to found out Mr Lerrivee has become an American
Now let's see who can I support next ???? :rolleyes:

May be this one next since it's a Canadian made
https://www.zzounds.com/item--SEAUKENYL

Beat you to it, Brenda. LOL

I had to buy it in honor of my Canadian friends. :D

I believe that when I posted to this thread, I said I'd not be getting any more. However, I find myself wanting another uke family instrument, but next time one with more than only four strings. I'm just not sure just what it will be, yet. I'm waiting for it to call my name. I briefly thought one did, but it got away, so apparently it was calling someone else's name.
:)

bratsche

I had 10 ukuleles. I thought I was done.
Then I sold my Kamoa to help finance a new one, I bought myself a Compass Rose 5-string Tenor for my 50th birthday!
Redwood top, cocobolo back and sides.
I just love it!
No plans for anything else on the horizon. I still have ten ukuleles!

I had 10 ukuleles. I thought I was done.
Then I sold my Kamoa to help finance a new one, I bought myself a Compass Rose 5-string Tenor for my 50th birthday!
Redwood top, cocobolo back and sides.
I just love it!
No plans for anything else on the horizon. I still have ten ukuleles!

First off....HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY. That is a great sounding birthday present. Really nice video performance, you both sound awesome, congratulations

I wasn't into ukes for awhile but I recently bought a sopranissimo uke from ohana. The willow laminate one.
Nice uke and very playable but not down the neck. It'll take some more practice to get a handle on that but that's what I want, a reasonable challenge.

Last/First: Kala Acacia Tenor
Next: Kanilea Tenor (after a year of playing)

On second thought I've been considering a waterman for tailgating

Top Bottom