What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I have a cedar/acacia Pono Master Series tenor out for delivery today. :D

Oh boy oh boy, nice choice Kathryn

I liked my new to me used Kimo koa/maple tenor so much I have commissioned a super concert with Hank already. Here is a picture of the walnut back we will be using. Top half has been wetted down to show color and grain

IMG_20171218_112415074.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy oh boy, nice choice Kathryn

I liked my new to me used Kimo koa/maple tenor so much I have commissioned a super concert with Hank already. Here is a picture of the walnut back we will be using. Top half has been wetted down to show color and grain

View attachment 105522

Whoa! That's some gorgeous wood there!

May get a Goodtime banjo uke. One of my local shop is selling a new one for $299. It's that or swap a tenor Kala cedar top I have for a concert Firefly

Last Mainland mahogany concert because the beautiful Kala tenor solid top cedar I bought as my first uke was too big for my hands
next: Either a used Kala long neck spruce soprano or a GT Little Gem banjo uke that's coming out in July.

Last one was a late 40s Martin Style 0, NUD on that one coming after I bond further with it, but stellar so far.

Only thing lacking is a nice concert size uke. A vintage Kamaka with the wave headstock would be sublime. However, a ply/spruce Tiny Tenor would be nice too,and much more affordable.

Last edited:
Last: Ohana CK-65D Concert Art Deco all solid Spruce/Mahogany Matte with a Low G from Mim--absolutely LOVE it!

Next: either the Gold Tone Concert Banjolele BU-1 Maple Banjo Ukulele Uke with Pickup or the Gold Tone Plastic Banjolele that's being released this summer. I can't decide!

I'm also thinking about the new Ohana Pineapple Sopranino TPK-70G All Solid Spruce / Mahogany w Abalone, but I need to try it in person to see if it's big enough for me to play.

I'm also looking for another soprano, but I don't have a clue what I want just yet....

#UASisreal

Last uke i bought was a Pono Pro classic baritone with a sun burst, i throw some custom strings on it, and I pick the hell out of it in a bluegrass/americana/funk/jamband. Its been an awesome addition to my music journey, however, im going electric soon, so if im lucky one of the great luthiers out there who make custom electric baritones will have one for sale, or ill have to get an electric tenor guitar tuned DGBE, probably the warren ellis from eastwood guitars.

A Magic Fluke Company soprano Flea was my most recent purchase, a fairly basic one with the standard polycarbonate fretboard and orange (sorry, mango) top. Very much enjoying how immediately playable it is.

Next, but probably not for some time, I'll be considering a banjolele of some sort. Might need to gently break this news to my partner...

Next, but probably not for some time, I'll be considering a banjolele of some sort. Might need to gently break this news to my partner...

The Duke 10 and Gold Tone DLX would be good choices. The Duke 10 is very light, and the Gold Tone is heavy, at about five pounds.

The Duke 10 and Gold Tone DLX would be good choices. The Duke 10 is very light, and the Gold Tone is heavy, at about five pounds.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the look of the Duke.

Just received it today..... a Magic Fluke concert Flea, sapphire blue with upgraded fretboard and pegs. My plan is for this to be my 'low g' instrument. It's my 2nd Flea. I view them as the Toyota Corollas of ukes, they get the job done with no frills and they'll take a beating - no need to baby them.

If I get another one, who knows....

I bought a VERY cheap Kmise thin body tenor off eBay. It actually doesn’t sound bad. I only began playing in January, so I’m still finding my likes and dislikes. I love it due to the thin body. It’s very comfortable. My next test run will be a cheap concert pineapple to see how I like that size and shape.

Ohana SK21-A sopranino, only one I could find in the UK for sale new, all appear out of stock now, very happy with it

A vintage Martin Style 0, from the 40s, and a concert-sized taro patch, built by Claus Mohri, a German luthier specializing in Ukuleles. Both together more than 2000 Euros, so no plans at all for this year. None. Nothing at all. Nada.

...well, except maybe for a Romero ST Concert mango...;)

Top Bottom