What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

Last - Epiphone Les Paul concert

Next - who knows - probably a kit to make one myself .......

Oh - and I agree with the Living Waters testament - I have low G on my Tenor and will be restringing all my ukes with them at the next string change........

Last (and first): Mainland Mahogany Concert

Next (maybe after learning to play): KPK Soprano?

Last: KoAloha Pikkake Soprano

Next: Pete Howlett Marmite Tenor for my 50th birthday in August

Last one bought: Kamaka HF-2L Long Neck Concert with the new Gotoh UPT geared tuners.

Next one: I think I'm finally done!

Last was an Ohana baritone for my wife

Next will probably be tenor by one of the "K" brands

Last one bought: Kamaka HF-2L Long Neck Concert with the new Gotoh UPT geared tuners.

Next one: I think I'm finally done!

Hey Tim, that's a mighty finely focused, well-rounded collection there! It's quite admirable, in fact!

Hmmm, I think my last purchase was the Laughlin, no wait, maybe the Maui, or was it... damned if I remember. I think it mighta been the Collings UC-2 sunburst, actually. Ugh. No more buying. Time to unleash!

Hey Tim, that's a mighty finely focused, well-rounded collection there! It's quite admirable, in fact!

Hmmm, I think my last purchase was the Laughlin, no wait, maybe the Maui, or was it... damned if I remember. I think it mighta been the Collings UC-2 sunburst, actually. Ugh. No more buying. Time to unleash!

:) Thanks! I've got to cut back, myself. And that's just the ukes.

I am now the super happy owner of UU erivel's Pohaku koa/pearwood tenor -- I absolutely love this beautiful uke! :) :cool: I don't think I'll be buying another uke...but...if I did, I would love a Kanile'a tenor.

Bought a Kiwaya KTS 4 at a walk in auction - I was the only bidder. I didn't want it I didn't need it but the starting bid dropped so low. Practically a form of extortion. Now if anyone can explain why B on the 1st string is so dull and lifeless it really will be a bargain.

Last one was my KoAloha thin body tenor with LR Baggs.

Next month I should be getting my custom Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle with red Cedar top from the master Allen McFarlen in Australia. The guys work is incredible....can't wait to get my hands on it. This is a shot with only the first coat of lacquer and not polished out either.

jay_first-coats-lacquer.jpg

Last edited:
My last was an Ohana BK20 bari ~six months ago.

No current plans for future acquisitions.
Well, I didn't originally have any intentions or plans for more, but I recently acquired a Pono MHT. :)

A friend of mine who is a member on here,recently
made himself a Sopranino from koa.It was a lovely
little thing,so I asked him to make me one!
I have played Soprano,Concert,Tenor and Baritone
in my time,and prefer Soprano above all (although I
still own two concerts and one tenor)
On Wednesday 29th May at one of our group meetings,
he brought it along for me.It is a beautifully finished
little beast,and rings like a bell.Early days yet,as the
strings have barely settled in,but so far so good.It is
strung with Aquilas at the moment,but will be swapped
over to Worth Browns soonish (my strings of choice)
So another one in the fold,and thanks to Pete Beardsley
for his creative urges!

Last (and first): Luna Honu
Next: Ohana SK-38 or other solid mahogany sopranos of similar value. ;)

I am a very proud owner of a Kanile'a K-1 T, not sure where I will go next. I won't allow myself another high-end uke until I achieve some serious progress with my skills, however. :eek:

I just bought a beautifully set up Kala KA STGE-C Tenor which I'm still getting used to.

But as my favourite uke is my Lanikai LU21 B Baritone my next purchase will probably be a nice baritone with a pick up

My last purchase was Kamaka HF-2+. I'm very happy with what I've got, and this is it, for now.

That said, I know the next one coming. I just put a deposit down for a Mya Moe that will go into production in next April/May. Since the delivery will be almost a year away, I think "that's it for now" still stands. :p

2Ike+

Which was last and which is next

The last ukulele I bought was a Willie Wixom pineapple shaped concert.

I don't plan to buy another ukulele for quite a while since I now own 6 and some of them feel left out because I don't play them enough. Also, my wife might be very upset. Her words when I bought the Wixom were, "You don't NEED another ukulele!" Of course, but who really NEEDS a uke?

The picture shows my collection. The WA Wixom long neck concert is in the middle. From bottom clockwise: Eddy Finn banjolele, very thin Kala tenor, Kala soprano - my first one bought 3 years ago in Hawaii, Ibanez concert, Fender tenor.

ukes.jpg

Last edited:
Since the first of the year - a G String Sun Concert from NC Ukulele Academy, a KoAloha curly koa concert and a Kamaka Ohta San Cedar top from HMS. Don't know if there will be a next - well at least not for awhile.:)

Last: Pono Mahogany Soprano (blem special from HMS)

Next: Still deciding...maybe a Risa soprano (I love my concert one so much).

Top Bottom