What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I just bought a beautiful vintage Harmony baritone that I am unfortunately going to have to wait a while for as it's coming from Canada.

After this...I think I want a banjolele, but haven't found the right one yet.

And then I'm done.

No...seriously...

Looks Fantastic! I had a custom concert done by his contractors in Vietnam and it was a very good product for good value - All I did was lower the action and level the frets. Please put up an update and sound clip once you get it. I would love to hear this one.

I'm still on the fence about ordering it. When I first considered a custom from Bruce Wei, I was concerned because I recently bought a mandolele from one of his eBay auctions. It was not built all that well, like a student project, poor binding seams, frets, neck arch (glad I only paid $51), took my technician some work to do a setup. When I brought it up to Bruce during discussions of a custom, he said those ukes are not his work, he allows those builders to sell through his eBay store, and he did say that despite that, he will take care of any complaints.

harmony baritone

I just bought a beautiful vintage Harmony baritone that I am unfortunately going to have to wait a while for as it's coming from Canada.

After this...I think I want a banjolele, but haven't found the right one yet.

And then I'm done.

No...seriously...

..... I just got a 50s harmony baritone that was re-purposed as an 8 string.. taro patch tuning..octave ,octave pair ,pair....D-G-B-E, I paid $300 It is strung with steel strings and is so awesome to play..incredible sustain and a loud enough projection to keep up with any guitars in the group !!

Last: Pono Pro Classic Tenor with radiused fretboard and Koa binding.

Next: Godin Muli-Uke.

Dream Uke: Mo Betta

I'm still on the fence about ordering it. When I first considered a custom from Bruce Wei, I was concerned because I recently bought a mandolele from one of his eBay auctions. It was not built all that well, like a student project, poor binding seams, frets, neck arch (glad I only paid $51), took my technician some work to do a setup. When I brought it up to Bruce during discussions of a custom, he said those ukes are not his work, he allows those builders to sell through his eBay store, and he did say that despite that, he will take care of any complaints.

If you are prepared to pay a little extra the kepasa gypsy uke looks like a great alternative - http://kepasaukulele.com/concert.htm

have a Mako Blue Shark on the way, delivery scheduled for today! Probably give it to my grandson if he has any interest at all! Ordered from Uke Republic with setup and Aquila strings, just to make sure it's playable!
KAL-MK-SS-BLU-2.jpg

Last : Nica Tiki Concert - High G with Mahogany top.

Next : Nica Tiki Concert with Cocobolo Top (Low G model)

Just got my custom Sailor Brand from Mike at Uke Republic (and some free peanut butter M&Ms and a hard case -gotta love Mike!) I love it. Will do a review soon. Here's a little ditty:

http://youtu.be/LHST9C-lxh4

I think that's got to be it for a while now. Seriously!

Last edited:
el-petite.jpg

Dave Talsma

I think I'm done.

Last edited:
I just bought a used Big Rusty tenor resonator from Eugene, it should arrive soon (I hope).
Scott Wise should be shipping me a new tenor and a new baritone in the next few weeks. Mya-Moe will be completing and shipping a new tenor resonator at years end.

got a Kala kce in the mail yesterday,,, set up nicely with worth brown, the pickup works OK for what it is, sounds decent thru my 15w bass amp. plugging in and playing louder, it sure helps you hear your mistakes :) hopefully amped playing will improve my overall playing.. pretty darn good for 150. bucks.

Last: Got my Boat Paddle 5-string M-style tenor yesterday (see NUD thread).
Next: I'd really like to have Jerry build me a matching baritone 5-string. It will probably be a while before the money comes together for that.

John

Last: Kanile'a KSTP with Misi Pickup

Next: Ko'olau Bearclaw Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood CS ( will be done Dec. 2014 ) :eek:

Next Next: DeVine (2016) :cool:

Did I mention the Yamaha GL1 I got from a fellow UU member? Arrived 4/9. And already it and the concert Flea have gone to a worthy cause. So I'm stuck playing my son's badly-intonating Lanikai LU21C. Which I'll be the first to say, is better than no uke at all! At least the fret edges are nice.

I guess I have a personal "one uke at a time" policy. And the next "one" will be a Mainland red cedar tenor w/ Mi-Si. Can... not... wait!

Top Bottom