What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I hear ya Booli.
You'd love the TT.
I paid off my last loan, and now am Baroque.
But I'll never be poor, as long as I have my ukulele friends here at home and on UU!

Last one was a Snail Rosewood Concert. Brilliant for the money, I love the sound but I just can't take to it :(
Next one, Possibly, very possibly, very very possibly Anuenue tenor :)

I saw this on FFM and couldn't stop myself, it is in transit as we speak. I have always liked the sound of these Kala KA-SSLNG which is a solid spruce top super soprano.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Last uke I bought was a Kinnard baritone in 2015. Next uke will be a Collings UC3 Koa if they ever start making them again.

I've been thinking about an 8 string for a while now. I went into a music shop today and they had a Baton Rouge 8 string hung on the wall. I already have a Baton Rouge 6 string and have been really pleased with it. Well, surprise, surprise, I walked out of the shop with that 8 string. Octave G & C strings and unison E & A. I plan to change the C strings to unison so it's tuned like a Renaissance Guitar. I should have spare set of Aquila strings so I'll pinch the C string from that (I usually use fluorocarbon strings so the Aquilas are surplus to requirements). Save me buying a new set of strings as I can live with the Aquilas for now. With that stringing gGCCEEAA, replacing strings should simply mean buying 2 standard sets, one High G and one low G.

Should have added. Next up is to rehome some ukes that I'm no longer playing.

Last edited:
Believe it or not I bought a soprano and tenor outdoor ukuleles. I know the first version was horrible. I still have it. But the new ones are pretty good. Much like the waterman but heavier and much more sturdy. These I can see taking on a camping trip.IMG_9007.jpg

Ps I added they scorpion decals

Hello ukulele friends,

I need some help with buying a ukulele, maybe someone can help answering my question.

I've been looking at the two following ukuleles.

The: Kanile´a K-1 Gloss Soprano (K-1 S #16368)

This one:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/hawaiian-made-ukulele/kanilea-k1-s-gloss-1952.html

And the: KoAloha Koa Gloss Soprano (KSM-00 #17912)

This one:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop...oha-gloss-koa-soprano-package-ksm-00-172.html

I don't know which one of these two ukuleles, that would fit my left hand best.

Are the width of the nut / neck on these two ukuleles the same size ?

- Or which neck is smallest ?.

it is difficult to judge from the photos.

(I ask this question because I have small hands and fingers, so the size of the nut is quite important for me)

Any information you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Jonas.

Hello ukulele friends,

I need some help with buying a ukulele, maybe someone can help answering my question.

I've been looking at the two following ukuleles.

The: Kanile´a K-1 Gloss Soprano (K-1 S #16368)

This one:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/hawaiian-made-ukulele/kanilea-k1-s-gloss-1952.html

And the: KoAloha Koa Gloss Soprano (KSM-00 #17912)

This one:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop...oha-gloss-koa-soprano-package-ksm-00-172.html

I don't know which one of these two ukuleles, that would fit my left hand best.

Are the width of the nut / neck on these two ukuleles the same size ?

- Or which neck is smallest ?.

it is difficult to judge from the photos.

(I ask this question because I have small hands and fingers, so the size of the nut is quite important for me)

Any information you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Jonas.

Hi

Have you played ukulele before or guitar?? Kanilea have a 1-1/2" wide nut, this is the widest nut width commerically available. Koaloha is a bit smaller at 1-7-16", most other ukuleles are smaller still at 1-3/8" (seems to be the standard)

I prefer a 1-3/8", but I have some at 1-7/16" and that is fine. When I move up to 1-1/2" then it is noticable and I am not comfortable playing them. Other people will be different, it's all personal.

Last edited:
I forgot about this thread; I got myself a Kala KA-ASAC acacia concert uke last month, my most expensive uke to date, & hopefully, my last purchase. :music:

I saw this on FFM and couldn't stop myself, it is in transit as we speak. I have always liked the sound of these Kala KA-SSLNG which is a solid spruce top super soprano.

View attachment 101941
55 pages. I'm not going back to see if I've commented. Besides, even if I did, things have changed probably. I'm going to buy a Spruce Soprano. Probably solid top, laminate sides and back, but we will have to see what I end up with. I really like that Kala Dave, but I don't think they have that one that isn't a long neck, and I don't want a long neck. For me, it just defeats the purpose of getting a soprano, because I want it to be shorter than my concert. But I like it otherwise.

.... I'm going to buy a Spruce Soprano. Probably solid top, laminate sides and back..... I really like that Kala Dave, but I don't think they have that one that isn't a long neck, and I don't want a long neck. For me, it just defeats the purpose of getting a soprano, because I want it to be shorter than my concert. But I like it otherwise.
This one might be to your liking,
http://www.southernukulelestore.co....Sitka-Spruce-Top-Soprano-Ukulele-Gloss-Finish
or, Ohana have some nice spruce sopranos.

Newest uke - Islander AS-4 soprano. My first soprano.

Next uke - Loprinzi concert is in the works. Solid cedar top, solid rosewood back & sides.

I find the purpose of a 'long neck' is to have a different sounding body with a particular scale, rather than it being a longer neck on a particular sized body. :D
I know that a lot of people like the long neck sopranos and I'm sure that they are nice. I'm looking for a true soprano size ukulele though.

This one might be to your liking,
http://www.southernukulelestore.co....Sitka-Spruce-Top-Soprano-Ukulele-Gloss-Finish
or, Ohana have some nice spruce sopranos.
I think you are right. I had not seen that particular Kala, and I thought that I had searched Kala from every angle. Thanks. I've actually had my eye on the Ohana ukulele for a couple of months. I'm slow to jump though. I'm going to a ukulele festival here in November and I hope that I come home with something. That's all.

“Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lacht”

At the moment I'm craving a solid body electric uke, but a stock update email from HMS can easily change plans. :rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

I only tried to play a ukulele a little bit, and I have never played a guitar.

This will be my first instrument, which means I am a total new beginner.

- But I would like to buy a proper ukulele that I can have for many years, because I know for sure that this is something I want to be good at.

I'm interested in buying the:

KoAloha Koa Gloss Soprano (KSM-00, 17912)

I wish to know if any one has any experience with ordering a ukulele from Hawaii to Costa Rica.

- Does any one in here ever ordered a ukulele from Hawaii to Costa Rica from this webpage:

Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate that.

Kind regards,
Jonas.

Thanks for your reply.

I only tried to play a ukulele a little bit, and I have never played a guitar.

This will be my first instrument, which means I am a total new beginner.

- But I would like to buy a proper ukulele that I can have for many years, because I know for sure that this is something I want to be good at.

I'm interested in buying the:

KoAloha Koa Gloss Soprano (KSM-00, 17912)

I wish to know if any one has any experience with ordering a ukulele from Hawaii to Costa Rica.

- Does any one in here ever ordered a ukulele from Hawaii to Costa Rica from this webpage:

Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate that.

Kind regards,
Jonas.

If anyone can get a KoAloha to Costa Rica, it is definitely the folks at TheUkuleleSite.
Also, you might try cocobolo Ukuleles, I believe they are located in Nicaragua and make some beautiful ukuleles.
I think they may be less expensive for you.

Loprinzi model d tenor with upt Gotoh pegs...very nice

Top Bottom