Experience with Current HMS Processing Time?

advancedbasic

Reaction score
I ordered a Kala KA-SMHC (I had a Kala KA-15S that I got back in December and I've been playing a lot ever since -- I love it but want a concert-sized uke now) last Thursday and my order is still processing. I emailed Zach who is apparently in charge of shipping and he hasn't gotten back to me in a couple days now.

I was just curious if anyone else has ordered from http://www.theukulelesite.com/ recently and if so how long it took their order to be marked as shipped. I'm not too worried yet because there is a message under their Shipping Questions section that says their current turnaround is delayed to about a week instead of two days (and that mark isn't for another day). I guess I'm just looking for reassurance (and of course I'm excited and impatient haha).

I apologize if this is in the wrong section!

you need to do a search for HMS I saw that they had posted everyone's phone numbers a while back..i would call them on the phone..that would be faster..if you are on the East Coast the 6 hour time change should make it easy..
but again they did post they are having delays?

sorry if you are in Europe but if on the Mainland give them a call

you need to do a search for HMS I saw that they had posted everyone's phone numbers a while back..i would call them on the phone..that would be faster..if you are on the East Coast the 6 hour time change should make it easy..
but again they did post they are having delays?

sorry if you are in Europe but if on the Mainland give them a call

I should have clarified -- I'm in the northeast mainland US.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll see if I can dig up their number(s). I was planning to call Thursday anyways since that will be the one-week mark (only if my order is still processing of course).

if you find the numbers call anyway..that way you know what is going on..i think they had Zack's number listed..good luck

Hi advancedbasic, Andrew from HMS. My apologies for the longer than normal wait and for not getting a response from Zach. This is stated at the shipping questions page under about us tab-
We are currently experiences delays due to the number of orders and time required to setup your ukulele correctly.
Right now processing is one week but we will soon be back to our standard 2 day turn around.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
It is totally worth it though.
We are working hard to improve your musical experience! Thank you for your kind understanding. aloha
I am headed in now to start at it again and Chris and Joel are ther now putting in overtime. A friend sent me the link, not browsing here, though I am guilty of that at times. I will make sure yours goes tomorrow , probably already done and waiting.
Our numbers are on the homepage but contact me at andrew@theukulelesite.com or my cell (808)781-9168. Thank you for business and we will do our best to make it a good experience.

Andrew, do you ever sleep? If you do it must be somewhere between 'crack of dawn' and never!

Wow as usual..crazy great service from Andrew and HMS..

Andrew, do you ever sleep? If you do it must be somewhere between 'crack of dawn' and never!

hahaaa, I do, apparently it's needed. but sometimes I post in my sleep. sleep posting, rare and serious condition. It's tough living in shame, always seeing what you wrote in horror. aw man. more gramatical errors!

Update- I pm'd you when I realized advancedbasic was not your real name and couldn't really check the order. but we should be all good because we're almost through the 29th and gonna try to knock out the 30th before fedex picks up, so as many as possible can get by the weekend.

Better to not have to ask these kinds of questions, but were not too far off now. Thanks for your patience.

hahaaa, I do, apparently it's needed. but sometimes I post in my sleep. sleep posting, rare and serious condition.

It's probably my fault, sending him all these emails at all times of the night from Australia.

I cannot fault Andrew's service from HMS at all. He goes above and beyond for the customer.
I'm waiting for my shipment to arrive :D

Got a great Pono Baritone + Applause Soprano coming :)

Hi advancedbasic, Andrew from HMS. My apologies for the longer than normal wait and for not getting a response from Zach. This is stated at the shipping questions page under about us tab-
We are currently experiences delays due to the number of orders and time required to setup your ukulele correctly.
Right now processing is one week but we will soon be back to our standard 2 day turn around.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
It is totally worth it though.
We are working hard to improve your musical experience! Thank you for your kind understanding. aloha
I am headed in now to start at it again and Chris and Joel are ther now putting in overtime. A friend sent me the link, not browsing here, though I am guilty of that at times. I will make sure yours goes tomorrow , probably already done and waiting.
Our numbers are on the homepage but contact me at andrew@theukulelesite.com or my cell (808)781-9168. Thank you for business and we will do our best to make it a good experience.

Wow thanks man, I appreciate the great service and will give it a few more days before I call if needed.

I had looked around for a while before deciding to order from HMS even though it was more expensive because I realized I'd rather have a more finely tuned instrument than something straight from the factory. The KA-15S that I've been playing sounds alright, but its action is a little too high and I'm sure it would sound better if properly set up.

Is there any special reason you guys have had so much business lately?

Is there any special reason you guys have had so much business lately?

Hopefully at least in part to all of us here telling people (on UU and elsewhere) to buy from them. :D

But seriously, the wait is worth it for them to take the proper time to do set up on your uke(s). We live in such an instant gratification world these days that it's hard to sit back and let people take the actual time needed to do things right.

My Kala okoume tenor is still my easiest to play, best set up uke, by far. The Ponos and the KoAloha that live here are just dreams. Very much worth a day or two more if they are slammed doing a bunch of proper set ups. :)

I'm glad to hear you got a response. I just added myself to the list of anxious buyers waiting for HMS to work their magic.

HMS faster than a week recently

Very recently (less than two weeks ago) I ordered a tenor late on a Friday afternoon (about 4pm HI time). I was told (over the phone) the set up was about a week. It actually shipped on next Wednesday (so 2 days ahead of schedule) and arrived that Friday, in just under a week. And it was perfectly setup - thank you Andrew and the crew at HMS!

As someone else who's waiting for a uke from HMS, it sounds like they are really crazy busy there. Based on the excellent communication I've been receiving from Andrew, they are clearly resisting the temptation to speed things up just to get them out the door. While it's always frustrating to wait, I think most of us would prefer to have a great playable instrument a few days later than a poorly setup one today. Great to hear the success they are having, and kudos to the team for keeping the quality up under a lot of pressure!

Top Bottom