Your favorite ukulele YouTube sensations

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had a favorite ukulele artist on YouTube. I love Victoria Vox, Sophie Madeleine, and Julia Nunes, but I'd like to follow some more ukulele artists who are active posters on YouTube. I'd love to hear your recommendations!

James hill is really fun to watch check out his eucalipstick song at about 1:24 he does a really cool percussion thing.
A few more are
Jake shimabukuro which I'm guessing you already know
Kalei gamiao
Kris fuchigami

Scott Rogers - his clawhammer style videos are amazing.

And I like Todd B's rendition of "Shake 'em on down" on the Barry Tone. I gotta learn that slide technique.

Last edited:
Lately I've really been enjoying perusing the 'Seasons of' submissions in the UU Contests area of this site. Jake and others who are seriously polished are fine and all but a little of that goes a very long way for me. I prefer watching those that have to give it their all (and 40 or 50 takes) to whip out a song. I can relate to that and appreciate what they are accomplishing more than I do virtuosos. There's some real talent and very interesting songs to found right here amongst us. Check it out if you haven't already.

Lately I've really been enjoying perusing the 'Seasons of' submissions in the UU Contests area of this site. Jake and others who are seriously polished are fine and all but a little of that goes a very long way for me. I prefer watching those that have to give it their all (and 40 or 50 takes) to whip out a song. I can relate to that and appreciate what they are accomplishing more than I do virtuosos. There's some real talent and very interesting songs to found right here amongst us. Check it out if you haven't already.

That's a great reply, TG&Y! You're right that we've got lots of talent here, people who get better week after week, which is to me more encouraging than watching Jake. Yessirree, take a look at any of the playlists for the Seasons challenges.

Jake, John Pak, and Brittni Paiva are my fav's. But there are so many to enjoy it seems hardly fair to point out any as a favorite.
(and yet I did...)

I absolutely adore Victor and Penny, especially their car videos, but in concert you really get a better sense of how amazing he is on the guitar. Plus they're just so dang cute.

Also, speaking of sensations, I'm becoming a big fan of GeorgeUke who just posted another gorgeous piece today.

Last edited:
I know that they've been mentioned already, but GUGUG is definitely my favourite.

Plus that young japanese kid whose cover of "i'm yours" is reaching like 60 million views :)

Another vote for "Danielle Ate The Sandwich" . Great voice and songs and such sweet ukulele playing.

I particularly like James Clegg cool Ukulele style. Find him here

Top Bottom