17 fret Koa Soprano

But Martin's never had a tail wedge like that, did they? Always love your work regardless... :)

Beautiful! And no BIN price, I see. Are you happy with the tone - I only ask because of the exchange earlier in the thread between you and Gerard regarding the amount of fretboard contacting the soundboard?

Edit: maybe "happy with" was not the right phrase to use.... How about - What would you say about its tone?

Last edited:
Beautiful craftsmanship. Simple and stunning.

Beautiful! And no BIN price, I see. Are you happy with the tone - I only ask because of the exchange earlier in the thread between you and Gerard regarding the amount of fretboard contacting the soundboard?

Edit: maybe "happy with" was not the right phrase to use.... How about - What would you say about its tone?

My opinion on tone is biased because I wear double hearing aids :) .. but to me it has more sustain and brighter than mahogany but less depth...and my style "O" ukes are louder ...But some folk listen with their eye's and dont care about stuff like that ;)

£695! = $1052! Congrats Ken! So who's the lucky winner? Anyone here?

Would you care to elaborate on that thought?

I thought a picture would be worth a thousand words... I guess that depends on the picture, though.

The lucky one is me this time. I am happy to talk about how thrilled I am right now, but a little reluctant to talk about specific $ as I'm not sure how tactful or appropriate it is for me, the buyer, to go on about that. Just not sure if it's right for me to comment so much on that. I think we are all pleased for Ken. I will say that I decided at the beginning of the auction to be a very determined bidder. I would chalk it up to sudden onset acute UAS and an admiration of Ken's work and how he approaches it. The value for me is not really monetary in this case.

But I think this thread should really be about the ukulele itself? I will likely have more to say in the future when I have it in my hands. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I agree the focus should be on the instrument. It always good for a willing buyer and seller to find each other regardless of the money involved. So congrats to you too Tobin! :cheers: I am sure the uke is worth what you paid and I hope you'll be be very happy with it. Looking forward to hearing it.

At last Ken! You get the right price for that lovely piece of work. Just got to get those style #0s to £595 and you are going to be properly compensated for you skills :)

The lucky one is me this time. I am happy to talk about how thrilled I am right now, but a little reluctant to talk about specific $ as I'm not sure how tactful or appropriate it is for me, the buyer, to go on about that. :)

Congratulations on your new Ken Timms ukulele! His instruments are an incredible value and I always thought he was just being benevolent to the ukulele community for selling his Style O's for only a third or half of what he could charge for a wonderful handmade instrument.

Plus his action at the 12th fret is a perfect 2.75mm and the French polish he uses improves the tonal qualities of his instruments....

Last edited:
Top Bottom