Collings size question

a dealer told me last week that Collings will unveil a soprano size uke at Namm this summer. just hearsay, but thought I'd kick start the rumor mill..

I don't think Collings has to compete with anyone. They have proven themselves with any instrument they've built.

Not everyone likes Collings guitars

What is with them and the rumor they want to cease production?
Aloha Stan,

I spoke with Collings at the NAMM booth and ask him that and he told me absolutely not. I asked him if they started making the UC3K again and he said they are and sure enough I just saw on Elderly they have one for a tad under $3k.
Now maybe they want to but if they do they aren't telling the general public that yet, at least not me. They are selling ukes like crazy and had to stop production last year because of their back order and stores were getting frustrated they had a "coming soon" on their website for 6 months with nothing coming. No inventory = no money. I think until the sales drop substantially they will keep making them. They seem to sell extremely fast.

They let me play a one of a kind custom that was going to a store that was all koa (never have seen Koa this beautiful..it was not your typical grain or pattern) and was all one piece for the back, and one piece of koa for the top (tenor scale). It was the best looking koa uke I have ever seen them produce. I tried to find out what store it was going to as someone already bought it for their store. I took some photos I will have to post on it. I have a lot of photos from NAMM actually and need to get those up.

Cheers,

Top Bottom