Low G Worth Brown

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Where can I but a single Low G Worth Brown string? I've recently restrung with Worth Browns and now nothing will do but to try Low G tuning. Really hate to waste the whole set. Also really hate to wait until the next string change.

You can contact them directly:
Masaya Takahashi
Worth Creation, Ltd.
SK Building 702
3-6-4 Kitanagasa-dori,
Chuo-ku, Kobe
650-0012 Japan
worthc@me.com

I have had prompt replies to emails and pleasant interactions with Masaya, and Worth has sent single strings out to me quickly and at a very reasonable cost.

Low G sounds great to me. How long have you been playing reentrant? ;) Or are you saying the string doesn't "match" the rest of the set tonally?

Low G sounds great to me. How long have you been playing reentrant? ;) Or are you saying the string doesn't "match" the rest of the set tonally?

This is my first go at low G tuning. Only been playing since last August. So one issue is just that it is a strange sound my ear hasn't adjusted to yet.

I had Worth Browns (3 weeks old) on and just swapped the high G for low G. I think the set will be pretty well matched tonally when the new string settles. This makes it an all unwound set. It came with a wound C set of Koolau Mahana strings, I think. I thought them too strong, like the wound C didn't belong. Re-entrant Worths were very much to my liking.

The Pono tenor is a big sounding uke so I hear a lot of sound from the new string. It has almost a rubber band sound to it. I expect that to go away once it has finally stopped stretching in week or so.

Mostly, it makes the ukulele sound like a guitar. If I wanted to play guitar I'd play guitar. But I'll give it a month before deciding. By then it will sound normal to me.

Top Bottom