Case for a Koaloha Longneck Pineapple

MisterRios

Reaction score
Being a pineapple fan, and the owner of three pineapples, I'm always on the look out for cases. However, I haven't been able to find a case I like for my Koaloha Longneck Pineapple.

I have the black hard foam case it came in (similar/identical to those UkeCrazy black canvas covered ones), but I'm desperately seeking something a bit more substantial.

Anyone out there with a KSM-03 willing to share their case stories?

I've heard the Fremont case will fit, but there's no way for me to confirm it.

Thanks and greetings from Germany!
*daniel

Last edited:
Being a pineapple fan, and the owner of three pineapples, I'm always on the look out for cases. However, I haven't been able to find a case I like for my Koaloha Longneck Pineapple.

I have the black hard foam case it came in (similar/identical to those UkeCrazy black canvas covered ones), but I'm desperately seeking something a bit more substantial.

Anyone out there with a KSM-03 willing to share their case stories?

I've heard the Fremont case will fit, but there's no way for me to confirm it.

Thanks and greetings from Germany!
*daniel
I didn't have a pineapple but we did have the long neck soprano. I had a regular soprano hardshell case it fit. Very snuggly but it fit. I tried a concert case and the body was to loose for me.

I have a Mono M80 Ukulele travel case for my pineapple. It fits it very well.

When you say "more substantial" are you wanting a hard case of cardboard or wood? A pineapple case would be very easy to build from 1/8 of an inch plywood. That is called door skin since its main purpose is to skin doors. When the back lamination is removed (belt or disk sander) it bends like cooked spaghetti. When that piece is glue to the full 1/8 or 1/4 inch plywood, it has its shape. Another piece with the back layer removed can be glued to the inside or outside edge of the first piece. Stagger the joint spots. Glue on a top the same thickness as the bottom, then when the glue is dried, cut the two sections apart with a table saw with a thin blade.. A one inch wide band around the top and bottom edgedreally make a good protective case. There are several different types of protection
/ sound deadening choices for the interio. The old cases were just painted or stained. A straight back edge will save you a lot of grief when putting on hinges or a hasp and a lock on the front Want help? Send me a P.Message, please

Mono 80 or Reunion Blues Continental Case is my suggestion.

When you say "more substantial" are you wanting a hard case of cardboard or wood? A pineapple case would be very easy to build from 1/8 of an inch plywood. That is called door skin since its main purpose is to skin doors. When the back lamination is removed (belt or disk sander) it bends like cooked spaghetti. When that piece is glue to the full 1/8 or 1/4 inch plywood, it has its shape. Another piece with the back layer removed can be glued to the inside or outside edge of the first piece. Stagger the joint spots. Glue on a top the same thickness as the bottom, then when the glue is dried, cut the two sections apart with a table saw with a thin blade.. A one inch wide band around the top and bottom edgedreally make a good protective case. There are several different types of protection
/ sound deadening choices for the interio. The old cases were just painted or stained. A straight back edge will save you a lot of grief when putting on hinges or a hasp and a lock on the front Want help? Send me a P.Message, please

Haha. I actually considered doing something like this. I've even non-destructively studied the cases I do own for this purpose, but it's just too much trouble, no access to tools, and not knowing anyone who does have tools like this... Though I would love to have a straight sided case like the vintage ones you sometimes see.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, though. If I ever do decide to go this rout, I'll definitely send you a message.

I have a Mono M80 Ukulele travel case for my pineapple. It fits it very well.

Mono 80 or Reunion Blues Continental Case is my suggestion.

I hadn't even considered a high-tech "gig bag" at all, but these two are readily available here in Germany, abeit from Thomann, so I can return them for minimal cost if I don't like them.

The only hard case I know that fits it is the Kamaka Pineapple case for longnecks....Oahu makes one but a hair too short,

You guys don't carry them, do you? I hadn't seen anything on the site that I thought would fit.

Top Bottom