NHL playoffs?

I was in the parents section above the floor. My son was crowd surfing ... in his kilt and docs. :D. I don't worry about breaking a hip just yet, just a leg. ;)

That was a fantastic game. Crazy last goal but still a goal :) who's everyone going for?

Blackhawks

Last night's game was epic.

We root for several hockey teams here: Capitals, Sharks, and now Blackhawks after a visit to Chicago.

Locally we go to Missouri Mavericks games. It isn't the NHL, but it make for a fun night. 5,000 seat arena, beer & food half the price of a major league game, and free parking.

Blackhawks

Last night's game was epic.

We root for several hockey teams here: Capitals, Sharks, and now Blackhawks after a visit to Chicago.

Locally we go to Missouri Mavericks games. It isn't the NHL, but it make for a fun night. 5,000 seat arena, beer & food half the price of a major league game, and free parking.

Yeah it was! Did you go see Chicago play? I went to see them play once when the current owners father owned it and there was like nobody there so it was a pretty boring game. But from what I hear now they packed and you like cant even hear the singer sing the anthem.

Not sure exactly what they call it but like the minor league hockey team here is really fun to go to. Way cheaper then NHL games and still really fun

Yeah it was! Did you go see Chicago play? I went to see them play once when the current owners father owned it and there was like nobody there so it was a pretty boring game. But from what I hear now they packed and you like cant even hear the singer sing the anthem.

Not sure exactly what they call it but like the minor league hockey team here is really fun to go to. Way cheaper then NHL games and still really fun

Missed games 6 & 7 of Blackhawks v Red Wings by a day. We were there for the Rolling Stones. I'd rather have seen either of the hockey games, truth to tell. But that trip will give my boys stories to tell their grand kids. Great city, Chicago. Loved it at first sight.

Even though Blackhawks lost it was yet another fantastic game. Not sure who scored the to winner but I was a great shot

Bruins were the stronger team at the end last night. Live by the pipes. Die by the pipes. They had one clang off the goal about a minute in and then the game-winner clanged in. Great game except for one little thing.

Go Blackhawks!

Ww
Bruins were the stronger team at the end last night. Live by the pipes. Die by the pipes. They had one clang off the goal about a minute in and then the game-winner clanged in. Great game except for one little thing.

I would say the same about game one where the puck dinged the pipe twice and out. ;)

One of my Chi-Town friends said his barn makes ours sound like a library... I say wait until tonight and you'll understand just how loud Boston can be.

I will say thank you to Hawks fans who shut down the "Chicago Stronger" jerk so quickly. As a Bostonian, a runner and 5 year vet of working the marathon at a waterstop along Heartbreak Hill (which is really a series of increasing hills from miles 17-20) and had to spend a beautiful spring day in lockdown as a gunfight erupted 2 miles from my house, "Boston Strong" isn't just a catch phrase, it's how we got through that week.

Ww

I would say the same about game one where the puck dinged the pipe twice and out. ;)

One of my Chi-Town friends said his barn makes ours sound like a library... I say wait until tonight and you'll understand just how loud Boston can be.

I will say thank you to Hawks fans who shut down the "Chicago Stronger" jerk so quickly. As a Bostonian, a runner and 5 year vet of working the marathon at a waterstop along Heartbreak Hill (which is really a series of increasing hills from miles 17-20) and had to spend a beautiful spring day in lockdown as a gunfight erupted 2 miles from my house, "Boston Strong" isn't just a catch phrase, it's how we got through that week.

whats the "Chicago stronger" jerk? were you working close the the bombing in boston when it happened?

not looking good for the hawks after tonights game. I personally didn't think it was a close game at all. Hope they can get it together quick.

whats the "Chicago stronger" jerk? were you working close the the bombing in boston when it happened?

The guy from Cubby Tees (whom I normally like as they're like Sully's Tees here in Boston - snarky fan shirts by the fans sort of blue collar guys) had a shirt with the 3 feathers and "Chicago Stronger" slogan that he pulled under pressure. Chicago fans got all over him about, which he blames on some morons with twitter accounts and how people don't get it. (I just wrote a response to his non-apology on my blog.)

I work the mile 18 waterstop on the Marathon every year. My brother was in the process of running it for the 31st time and I'm part of the Boston running community. I wasn't at the finish when the bombs went off, but it happened outside a store many of my friends work at and I have friends that normally work the finish but didn't this year. (Thank heaven as they say.) I live just over the line from Watertown (the low rent house in the high rent district) and it all went down just behind a friend of mine's house and two doors down from a friend of my son's house.

Don't count the Hawks out yet. I'm a long suffering Boston fan and we have a habit of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. I still believe the Bruins in 6; however, I've been there a few too many times. Like the fog on the ice game at the old Garden, Bill Buckner (even though it was really wasn't his fault), the '78 Sox collapse, the '11 Sox collapse and so many more low lights in Boston sports history to count my duck boats before the parade.

Last edited:
Wow that most have been crazy to be there and to be that close to it. Hope nothing like it Happens again anywhere.

GO HAWKS!! Was a great game can't believe they came back and took the lead in only 1 minute.

My team will never win.... (San Jose Sharks)

GO HAWKS!! Was a great game can't believe they came back and took the lead in only 1 minute.

:cry:

:( :( :(

At least it was two evenly matched teams and well played games. I can't believe Bergy was on the ice with a separated shoulder, torn cartilage, cracked ribs and a hole in his lung! But that's hockey, it's not for the weak or wussies.

That was poetic justice for what happened with Toronto. The universe will balance itself, always.

Great series.

Top Bottom