Access Gig Bag

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
attachment.php

So, here is the back of my new gig bag. The back straps are adjustable, as are the shoulder pads. Currently they are adjusted all the way out to fit my girthyness (6'2", wide shoulders). It's a snug fit now so if I get much girthier I will have to look for longer straps :). The hardware on the straps are some type of powder coated metal and look to be very durable as do the the straps themselves. The sewing looks like it's triple stitched for strength. The feature I like best is the grab handle located about ten inches from the top. It makes grabbing the bag extremely easy.

attachment.php

Here's a shot of the top where you can see the padded handles on the side. Great for carrying as the uke is pretty well balanced where they positioned the handles. It also features a "grab" strap on the side which is proving to be very convenient when first picking up the bag. The zippers are very durable with strong sturdy pulls that look like they will last the lifetime of the bag, and there are three pockets on the top.

attachment.php

The two main pockets are fairly deep although I'm hesitant to pile a bunch of stuff in there. The large pocket has my cables right now, and I've also put my iPad in there for a meet up. The top pocket carries my glasses and a tuner. If I have stuff in the pockets I'm very careful about not leaving it laying down in case someone plops something down on it.

The inside? The inside has a thin stiff liner surrounded by thick protective padding much like my Reunion Blues and Fusion F1 gigbags. There are protective nylon mesh patches that protect the bag at the headstock and bridge. There is a large cloth covered foam block that supports the neck, and the uke nestles in, quite snugly. There are no pockets or storage spaces on the inside. I keep a polishing cloth from Ukulele Source in San Jose, CA. Shout out to Smiley and Janet!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Oh yeah. My Access gig bag came with a brand new custom Compass Rose tenor. Adi spruce top/cherry back and sides fretboard inlay by Larry Robinson.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 177
Nice gig bag review. That thing you put in there is so shiny there should be a wear your sunglasses warning in your post title. Congratulations Gary! I am so happy you finally got your CR. Looks lovely.:D

Wow very nice Gary..

show some pictures of the back and sides..if people were wondering about Rick's polyester gloss finish..you answered them,,wow that uke is shiny..I still say Rick does the best polyester gloss finish around..no scratches swirls or flaws..wow nice

congrats brah..my 2nd CR has no chance to look like yours..but i hope Rick gives me a sweet sounding uke..

Last edited:
Gary, that looks like a fantastic uke, I would love to see more detail shots and of course can't wait to hear a sample...Somehow, I know it must sound incredible too. What strings do you have on it?

Gary, that looks like a fantastic uke, I would love to see more detail shots and of course can't wait to hear a sample...Somehow, I know it must sound incredible too. What strings do you have on it?

I'm going to try to get some shots in just a minute. The photography teacher at my school is going to help out with lighting. It's so shiny it's hard to get pics without reflections in the uke.

It came strung with Aquilla's but I'm going to change them out as soon as Smiley (Ukulele Source) gets back from vacation. I'm going to try a set of PhD's I think.

I'm going to try to get some shots in just a minute. The photography teacher at my school is going to help out with lighting. It's so shiny it's hard to get pics without reflections in the uke.

It came strung with Aquilla's but I'm going to change them out as soon as Smiley (Ukulele Source) gets back from vacation. I'm going to try a set of PhD's I think.

Gary I think Fremont blacklines might work..the Phd's kind of thin(low tension)..let me know what you try..
waiting for pictures bruddah!

Haha. I was thinking "hey, I have an access gig bag for my tenor guitar that I like", and then you reveal what's inside and I stopped thinking for a minute because I was awestruck by your beautiful uke. I'd certainly like to see some more pics of the back and sides. Congrats!

I really like those bags. I had an access gig bag for a guitar years ago that was just plain awesome. I thought they only made ukulele gig bags for sopranos and concerts though, so apparently I need to find where they're hiding the tenor-sized bags :)

I really like those bags. I had an access gig bag for a guitar years ago that was just plain awesome. I thought they only made ukulele gig bags for sopranos and concerts though, so apparently I need to find where they're hiding the tenor-sized bags :)

I really like the Access bag. There may be a brand new, never used Fusion F1 Limited Edition up for sale soon. :)

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/AUHT33.htm (at least I think it's a tenor...or my measurements may be really off)

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Access Stage 3 tenor uke bag is really a renamed mandolin bag. I say this because my Pono ATCD fits in my Access Stage 3 mandolin bag like it was made for it.

But, I have not taken the time to compare actual printed dimension specs.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Access Stage 3 tenor uke bag is really a renamed mandolin bag. I say this because my Pono ATCD fits in my Access Stage 3 mandolin bag like it was made for it.

But, I have not taken the time to compare actual printed dimension specs.

My main tenor is Pono ATSH Pro Classic and I see you have a Pono tenor as well. How well does it really fit in the Access Stage 3 Mandolin Bag?

Top Bottom