Looking for a good tuner

Used the Snark SN-2 for about a month. Stopped working at all. Decided I wanted a more accurate tuner, so I pulled the trigger on the Peterson Stroboclip. Never looked back. GREAT (if expensive) tuner.

Used the Snark SN-2 for about a month. Stopped working at all. Decided I wanted a more accurate tuner, so I pulled the trigger on the Peterson Stroboclip. Never looked back. GREAT (if expensive) tuner.

I have the Stroboclip and it is a great tuner but mine eats batteries even when turned off, so I have to take the battery out after every use - not very nice. It's also kind of heavy on the headstock for every day use. It's great when doing setups and the like, though.

The Snarks are a bit delicate. I've broken the clips off two of them - one by forgetting to take it off the headstock and closing a case on it, the other just a couple of weeks ago at UWC when I carelessly banged it against a metal tent pole.

Oh well, they're cheap :)

John

I have Snark and usually it is great but even with a new battery, it will often refuse to register on vibration setting at all. Usually switching off and back on will cure it but...
Intelli MT500 /600 happier registering hamonics usually a fifth above. Drives me nuts. GoGo lovely display, sounds like s** when tuned - miles off. Some people like em so I think its a QA issue.

Best results so far Korg CA40 and a contact microphone, bit fiddly though.

I am the odd guy who has not gotten a Snark, but I know they are highly regarded.
I had an old intelli a long time ago I liked the way the arrows displayed on it.
I love my gogo tiki tuner. It is small and much more accurate than I would have thought. I guess I got lucky on mine. Very little adjustment when I check it against my Peterson Stroboclip. My Stroboclip hasn't been eating batteries at all. I doubt I will buy another tuner for quite some time. My Tiki gogo tuner is good for right after string changes, and then I dial it in with my Peterson once my strings start to settle. I have no regrets on getting my Peterson. I think the Peterson temporarily cured my tuner acquisition syndrome.

Big Snark fan here

Intelli MT500 /600 happier registering hamonics usually a fifth above. .
My old Intellitouch (first generation) tuner loves to do that - I've seen other tuners do it a little but nothing like that old intellitouch. It drove me nuts, too. :)

John

I love my gogo tiki tuner. It is small and much more accurate than I would have thought. I guess I got lucky on mine. Very little adjustment when I check it against my Peterson Stroboclip.

The Tiki is a different model I had a "TT-1 GoGo Tuner".

The Tiki is a different model I had a "TT-1 GoGo Tuner".

Good to know. I thought maybe i just got lucky on the quality control on mine. I have been very happy with it. Makes my tuning a breeze. It has been really durable I always leave it out. The Peterson I baby a lot and keep it in the canister it came with when I am not using it. I like both of them a lot.

Top Bottom