Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I Was Just Cruising Uluru Blog and found more Moore Bettah copies....WOW

Default I Was Just Cruising Uluru Blog and found more Moore Bettah copies....WOW

I know this might get Chuckie More PO'ed but...wonder how many more are out there and or if they will continue this....
    http://uluruuke.pixnet.net/blog/post/63112949 I cannot read chinese, and hope someone will translate this for me....thank you
    Last edited by mm stan; 06-28-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

What infringement are you referring to, Stan? I just see a uke inlaid with abalone. I'm not familiar with all of Chuck's ukes; did he build one just like this, same inlays, same design?
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

Yes it certainly looks like chuckies bird on the branch that is on his site....for sure....wow
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com/GALLERY.html
    Last edited by mm stan; 06-27-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Wow I delved into deeper and found another copy...holy moly... http://uluruuke.pixnet.net/blog/post/53189538
    No mistaking the bamboo uke from chuckie http://uluruuke.pixnet.net/album
    Last edited by mm stan; 06-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Stan I thought this was all done and taken cared of ...I matched the pictures with the MB website and they look like copies again...what a joke...

I thought the Dragon and Frog were the only ones they did...that is what they said right?

are they connected with Ayers Guitar also?

I guess their apology was just lies....wow

Mahalo Seeso for the comparison pictures..
    Last edited by mm stan; 06-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Seeso

this is way bigger than I thought at first...
    do they have all the Moore Bettah designs..they are exact copies...Ayer Guitar USA said there were only two copies and they were the only ones they did?
    now 2 more...wow

That looks, as lawyers like to say, "substantially identical." In other words, it's unlikely that the Uluru design was made without the designer having seen and tried to copy Chuck's design (unless both Chuck and Uluru drew their inspirations from the same source art, which is unlikely). I don't like to jumpt to conclusions, but it may be fair to say that the Uluru US representative who apologized to Chuck wasn't being completely honest about the extent to which Uluru set out on a deliberate mission to copy Chuck's art.

Moore Bettah ukulele:

Uluru ukulele:

Thread Information