Ralf, you didn't respond to my offer to host 178
Sorry, Geoff, I've got you now for the 178th Season.

I'm game for 181
I don't usually expand sign-ups to weeks beyond the list (just to keep organization as simple as possible) but I'll go ahead and get you signed up, bubbly, for your birthday. Thanks for volunteering.

Hey Ralf,

Since moving to Myanmar, I've been unable to host a week even though I have very much wanted to. It's the internet here. It's gotten better, but if I get 1 MBps DL speeds, I'm happy with that. Makes it tough (and expensive, as they charge for connectivity per MB).

From April 12th to May 20th, I'm going to be Chiang Mai, Thailand's second largest city. The first week will be vacation, and then doing some professional development training the next four. I expect blazing fast internet (as compared to here anyways).

So, any weeks still open during that time? I don't recall an Asian-hosted week in a long time.

-Joko

Hi all. We only have one Season remaining that still needs a host:

Season 170, from the 17th to the 24th of May.

Anyone feeling like hosting a lovely late-May Season?

Please let me know either here in the thread or via private message.

I can do that one if you still need a hoster, pal.

Also happy to host that week mate, if Pops lets it go.

Hey Ralf -
I'd like to host again. I've got a crackerjack theme (no it's not "crackerjacks") - but it's got to be for the week of Aug 16-23 (as it correlates with a certain historical event that happened at that time of year). I'd like to reserve that Season if possible.

-thx

Hey Ralf -
I'd like to host again. I've got a crackerjack theme (no it's not "crackerjacks") - but it's got to be for the week of Aug 16-23 (as it correlates with a certain historical event that happened at that time of year). I'd like to reserve that Season if possible.

-thx

Ooh! What can that historical event be? Well, Aug 16 1953 welcomed Kathy Lee Gifford into the world. Aug 17 1953 saw the first meeting of Narcotics Anonymous. Aug 18 1920 gave us Shelley Winters' first appearance. The first All-American Soap Box Derby took place on August 19 1934. Aug 20 1775 sees the the Spanish founding Tucson, AZ. Nothing ukulele-related happened on Aug 21, ever. But on Aug 22 565, St Columba makes the first-ever recorded sighting of the Loch Ness Monster!

Now, if that crackerjack theme of UkeFootes's not amongst one of those historical events, then I'll be very surprised.

Hey Ralf -

-thx
No problem, Brian. You've got it.

Any idea when the next set of Seasons will be available? I have an idea...

Sign me up for the next round, amigo and add my name to the bench of orange peelers. I am, increasingly, a man of leisure these days. :p

Hi all,

It's that time again---the Sign-Up sheet in post #1 of this thread has been updated to include many more Seasons---nearly all of which need amazing, creative hosts to keep the Seasons rolling forward.

Basic guidelines for hosts are also in post #1; previous Seasons' themes are in post #5 of this thread.

Check your calendar for a week during which you'll have time to enjoy all your fellow Seasonistas' work, then let me know which Season you'd like to host. I'll do my best to assign hosts to Seasons in the order I receive your requests.

Ooh! What can that historical event be? Well, Aug 16 1953 welcomed Kathy Lee Gifford into the world. Aug 17 1953 saw the first meeting of Narcotics Anonymous. Aug 18 1920 gave us Shelley Winters' first appearance. The first All-American Soap Box Derby took place on August 19 1934. Aug 20 1775 sees the the Spanish founding Tucson, AZ. Nothing ukulele-related happened on Aug 21, ever. But on Aug 22 565, St Columba makes the first-ever recorded sighting of the Loch Ness Monster!

Now, if that crackerjack theme of UkeFootes's not amongst one of those historical events, then I'll be very surprised.

Aug. 16, 1977...The day Elvis died.

Top Bottom