Learning the Ukulele in 6 Months

Computer, USB mic, & Audacity software, which is free. :)

Thank you! I'm searching for the Audacity alternatives for iPhone as my computer.. and do you have any recommendation for Usb mic? Something that can work with the phone? Thank you

A lot of folks record straight into their iPhones, give it a try. :)

Can confirm, the boy and I are both musicians and we're constantly recording little snippets of inspiration on our phones! I also tape my practice so I can come back to it later and see what I did wrong :)

Can confirm, the boy and I are both musicians and we're constantly recording little snippets of inspiration on our phones! I also tape my practice so I can come back to it later and see what I did wrong :)

I whole heartly agree. Not until you hear yourself in playback can you identify the areas that need improvement. Many times it is just tempo and timing but that makes a world of difference. The free recording apps for phones are your best friends and do a suprisingly good job of capturing good quality audio.

That's good of you to post this, to help inspire others...

What song is that by the way, it sounds familiar?

It's pretty easy to see that you have natural talent.

There was a very small period, I'd say not even a months worth of trying to play other people's music, everything I do is just trying to make my own music, but still I wonder if I should learn others, but it makes me feel like I'll loose my own touch, by spending to much time trying to play someone's song... Hmm

That's good of you to post this, to help inspire others...

What song is that by the way, it sounds familiar?

It's pretty easy to see that you have natural talent.

There was a very small period, I'd say not even a months worth of trying to play other people's music, everything I do is just trying to make my own music, but still I wonder if I should learn others, but it makes me feel like I'll loose my own touch, by spending to much time trying to play someone's song... Hmm

I took the chords from Beyond the Sea and played them in the same order, but with a bit different timing and strum. Thank you!

Top Bottom