Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: KoAloha solid body tenor

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Pedro, CA
    Posts
    3,331

    Default KoAloha solid body tenor

    KoAloha's new solid body tenor is reviewed here:
    http://theukulelereview.com/2013/07/...-to-your-seat/

    Sigh, the Okamis just keep finding ways to spend my money. I want one!
    Po`ipu no ka oi!
    Moore Bettah tenor with LR Baggs 5.0 pickup
    KoAloha KTM-100 crown bridge with LR Baggs 5.0 pickup
    Kanile`a ISL-T Premium Tenor with Kanile`a active pickup
    Kamaka HF-3 Tenor with Mi-Si pickup

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Seattle, WA
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Nice, I wonder if these will be a production model or special order only?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    These are a one of a Kind Custom Red Label Koaloha,,,,not planned for production.
    askmusicguymic@theukulelesite.com
    musicguymic@aol.com
    theukulelesite.com
    808-927-7297 808-622-8000

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    I saw this uke at the Festival...

    wow and Corey can play with the best of them...his CD should be out soon too...

    MGM can order these but it may take a while...

    pretty sure you will see another Special KoAloha on Andrew's review soon..

    had fun with Andrew,Mike and Corey at The Festival yesterday...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGM View Post
    These are a one of a Kind Custom Red Label Koaloha,,,,not planned for production.

    Aloha Mike...

    wow this KoAloha one of a kind...wow
    what happens if a bunch of people want one? they still won't build them?

    Thanks for letting me help out yesterday...was good fun but a long day...haha

    I know so may people in the uke community now...and I met all the Kamaka's yesterday too...

    but what can I say...I was surprised when Brittni Paiva came over to say Hi...that was awesome!
    I was so happy to talk to her...wow

    Thanks Andrew,MGM and Corey it was a great day hanging with you guys at The Ukulele Festival...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    misawa, japan
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    I LOVE the sound of this uke and am a major KoAloha fan, we have four KoAloha's in my house. I would LOVE to have the solid body, but it is so out of my price range. I wish they would put it into production.
    peace,

    david



    Kinnard Tenor: Mojo Uke
    Kanile'a: Sound Monster Tenor
    KoAloha Soprano
    KoAloha Pikake Concert
    KoAloha Tenor

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central IL & Fox Valley, IL
    Posts
    6,296

    Default

    Mike and Len, is this KoAloha chambered body like a KoOlau CE, or is it solid? Is the body the same size as a CE (it looks slightly smaller)?

    I agree with Stacy, this KoAloha is so rich and unique, it may well be collectible. I saw it on HMS Uke Site and drooled my shorts wet. I wonder how many pints of plasma I'd need to sell to get that kind of dough.

    Stacy, neither you or I sprung for Brittni's KoAloha for the same price as this, remember? I think one of us should pop for this (with Better Than Weather, plus you know the family). I bow to you to buy it; I'm not worthy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,171

    Default

    The pictures are beautiful, but man, from holding and admiring that instrument in person, I could really see the level of care and attention put into building it. The cutout was perfectly sanded and contoured to perfection. The upper bout where your arm would rest is also perfectly beveled. The whole instrument appeared to be hand-sanded to perfection. Also in love with the logo overlay--I was never crazy about the huge MOP inlay in the headstock. The wood also looked incredible in the sun. I don't know if KoAloha changed anything with their manufacturing process or finishing, but I think this was one of the best examples of build quality that I have seen from them.

    Finally, it's nice to see that KoAloha comes back to their ongoing motif of incorporating many different woods into a single instrument. (Ex the La'au Ku'i.)

    P.S. They really upped their keychain game too this year.
    Attachment 56240

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    Mike and Len, is this KoAloha chambered body like a KoOlau CE, or is it solid? Is the body the same size as a CE (it looks slightly smaller)?

    I agree with Stacy, this KoAloha is so rich and unique, it may well be collectible. I saw it on HMS Uke Site and drooled my shorts wet. I wonder how many pints of plasma I'd need to sell to get that kind of dough.

    Stacy, neither you or I sprung for Brittni's KoAloha for the same price as this, remember? I think one of us should pop for this (with Better Than Weather, plus you know the family). I bow to you to buy it; I'm not worthy.



    Hey Cool..it is a solid body..different from the Ko'olau's

    check out Andrew's site..he reviews all the ukes he gets and some others too...
    btw there was a Pono solid body(like the CE Ko'olau) prototype at the HMS tent yesterday...

    www.theukulelereview.com
    Last edited by hawaii 50; 07-22-2013 at 11:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orleans,MA
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    The pictures are beautiful, but man, from holding and admiring that instrument in person, I could really see the level of care and attention put into building it. The cutout was perfectly sanded and contoured to perfection. The upper bout where your arm would rest is also perfectly beveled. The whole instrument appeared to be hand-sanded to perfection. Also in love with the logo overlay--I was never crazy about the huge MOP inlay in the headstock. The wood also looked incredible in the sun. I don't know if KoAloha changed anything with their manufacturing process or finishing, but I think this was one of the best examples of build quality that I have seen from them.

    Finally, it's nice to see that KoAloha comes back to their ongoing motif of incorporating many different woods into a single instrument. (Ex the La'au Ku'

    P.S. They really upped their keychain game too this year.
    Attachment 56240
    Hey Jon. Did you, or anyone else for that matter, have a chance to play that other tenor in MGM's pics with the partial musubi sound hole and side sound port? That one looks really sweet and I am curious about the sound and volume without their traditional sound hole.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Top 50 Ukulele Sites