Anyone played the new Stagg Electro/Acoustic Soprano?

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I see on Southern Ukulele Store's page that they have an interesting offer on a Stagg USX-ZEB-SE Electro Acoustic Soprano Ukulele - Solid spruce top and zebra wood sides.

Has anyone handled / played one of these? What is the competition for such a beast in terms of similar price / quality?

I've gone over to low - G on my Epiphone Les Paul for use with our blues band, but would love to add a more "traditional" ukulele sound on our thirties numbers like "Darkness on the Delta" - so I'm looking for a reasonably priced electro / acoustic soprano.

This Stagg seems to fit the bill, but I'm reluctant to go for it sight unseen and am not likely to get my hands on one anytime soon here in Barcelona, I suspect.

Any advice welcome.

I usually don't trust the pickups in inexpensive ukes.. although it seems they used a Bband pre-amp system which are quite good.

Depends on how well it's been installed and setup in factory I guess..

I don't know about this model but I did used to own their solid mahogany top soprano. Overall, it was pretty nice, everything that I wanted in a spare ukulele. The only problem would have been their cheap tuners but that was about it for mine.

Have not tried a Stagg, but I recently tried a couple of Eleuke Soprano acoustic electrics. The one with a solid spruce top came home with me. Sounds very nice both plugged in and unplugged. It ain't no "K" brand, but it is very, very, nice for the money it cost.

Top Bottom