Hello from Shropshire UK

cool and uke

Reaction score
Hello all. Have been strumming this little 4 stringed joy for about 18 months now. It has been a revelation playing some of my favourite songs on it. So much so I am organising my own weekly strumming session, gotta try and spread the word. This is also the first forum I have ever joined, interesting...

welcome, seems there is a bunch of Brits here, lots of opportunity for strumming sessions.

Hi and welcome! Lots of Brits on here, yes, but it's a truly cosmopolitan forum - and simply the best! Shropshire is so beautiful - and I bet you'll find plenty of strummers!

Hi there and welcome, from an old fogey in Shropshire. There is a very active uke club in Bridgnorth, and probably a few others, too. The more the merrier!

John Colter.

Welcome to The UU pal.

Great name...

iswydt.jpg

Hello and welcome to you!

Aloha Cool and Uke,
Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings..

Hola from Arizona! Welcome!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. You just chose the friendliest instrument on earth. Good luck and get thee to a uke club.

Well Thank you all for the replies, been on holiday so not replied too quickly. Hola Arizona, Que t'al ?. John Colter, I go to the Bridgnorth club fairly regularly and it is very good. Have you been ? Hello Lincs, and yes Shropshire is beautiful (though I am Scottish so find darker places more appealing). Keep on Uking in the free world...

Hi C&U,

Janine and Barry always make me welcome when I show my face. I recommend clubs to all ukers, but don't attend regularly myself. I must drop in and say, "Hello".

John Colter.

Please look up today's post on the "Uke Talk" forum about the Shropshire Music Foundation. Ukuleles are an essential part of their program.
Cool that it's the same name, and you are much closer to the projects in Greece.
Or check it out: http://shropshirefoundation.org/

Hello from me. Yes, Shropshire is lovely, also as a Brummie exiled in West Yorkshire, I know what you mean about darker places ;)

Errmmm....the OP hasn't been here for nearly 4 years.

Norwich, Norfolk here! Welcome! It's a lovely bunch of people :)

That was me that kicked this thread into action again, hoping folks on the European side would see my post about ukuleles needed by refugee kids in Greece working with Shropshire Music Foundation... (see a couple posts above).

Top Bottom