If "a picture is worth 1000 words," then what's a uke worth?

hammer40

Reaction score
We have all heard the saying that,"a picture is worth a 1000 words". So it got me to wondering, what is a ukulele worth?

I have been attempting to learn the Ukulele for a little over a year now, and while I have done better in some area's, I have not done so well in others. What has surprised me the most though, is the emotional aspect that it seems to fulfill for me. By that I mean, that when I pick it up to play it has the unique ability to take me away from the everyday aspects of life, whatever they may be at the time.

At this point, I only know bits of some songs but seem to be more interested in making my own "music" anyway. I use that term loosely, it's more just "noodling" around trying to find the chords that go together that can express how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking at the time.

I guess that's where the "1000 words" comes into play for me. I seem to have a desire to try and communicate something through my uke. Not necessarily for public consumption mind you, but for myself. I have heard musicians and others say that, but never really knew what they meant. It's also something I never thought I would experience for myself.

So what does your uke do for you, what's it's worth?

Top Bottom