Pineapple : Pros and Cons

With the exceptions of my banjolele and 8string I am strictly a pineapple girl.

Boobs are not an issue for me in the traditional vs round debate, due to how I hold them. The only winner in that area is the open back banjolele. ;)

LOL!

I like pineapple Ukes a lot. They do seem louder and fuller than the same size waisted ukulele does. My wife complained about pineapples being hard to hold though, as do several other women at our local uke jam. Breasts would seem to be the most likely explanation.

I can't think of a con~ I love my KoAloha pineapple!

ka2.jpgka3.jpg

Dear Pineapple Nuts: I have a brand new Semi-Custom Kamaka Pineapple Longneck that I'm thinking of selling. It has Gotoh UPT tuners, ebony faceplate, fret board, and bridge, and Abalone KK logo and fret board markers. Of course it comes with a new Kamaka hard shell case as well. Please PM me if interested. Thanks, Don

Everybody needs at least one pineapple.

(I know Gmoney already posted this, but it's true.)

Pros: Some people think they look great!

Cons: Some people think they're really stupid looking.

Pros: Some people think they look great!

Cons: Most people think they're really stupid looking.
LMAO!

Everybody needs at least one pineapple.

(I know Gmoney already posted this, but it's true.)
True. One pineapple. Two is pure lunacy. I agree. (I own two--anyone want to buy one? PM me. I;m serious--these guys are right. Two is too much Aloha.)

I have a Mainland Red Cedar soprano pineapple and I love it. That's the only pineapple I've ever owned, but I've played a few more, and if I ever get a Kamaka I'd sort of like it to be a pineapple (just for the sake of tradition). I really like KoAloha's pineapple, too.

As for sound, it SEEMS like it should be a little louder and fuller sounding, but I doubt that you'd be able to tell really. I'd love to have a figure-8 Mainland Red Cedar soprano to compare it to, though. I think that would be the only possible way to tell if there was really a difference. You'd have to compare one to its exact traditionally-shaped counterpart.

As for the female issue, I did let a woman play mine and she couldn't hold it comfortably. She'd never played a uke at all, but when I let her try a traditional shape, she said it felt more comfortable. That's the whole of my experience with that... a sample of ONE isn't very useful scientifically!

Last edited:
LMAO!

True. One pineapple. Two is pure lunacy. I agree. (I own two--anyone want to buy one? PM me. I;m serious--these guys are right. Two is too much Aloha.)

Hey, I have 2 pineapples (3 if a Flea counts as a pineapple). I don't fancy myself a collector of pineapples. I do like the way they stand out as different from the "little guitar" label.

I have one pineapple and while I like it, it is the least comfortable for me to hold. Even with a strap, I haven't found a comfortable spot. It's a "woman thing" and I think it depends how endowed you are and where your arms feel most comfortable. If I were to rest my uke high on my chest, above my you know whats, my uke would be under my neck. Due to the pine.ukes body shape, I have to keep it lower than a traditional shape and so it always feels a little weird.

Top Bottom