The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lovely Geoff. Really lovely. Da Slockit Light ( hope I got that right) another really fine tune. Can I ask, how are you doing the overdubs?

Thanks.

I use a multitrack recorder. Mostly I use a TASCAM DP006 which is a four track recorder with two of the tracks being stereo, though they can be changed to mono if needed. You can mix down on the recorder but I normally transfer to my computer and mix the tracks in Audacity as well as adding a little bit of effects. If I need more tracks I also have a TASCAM DP008 which is an 8 track recorder.

You can also get an audio interface to enable you to record straight on to your computer. These have drivers that minimise latency which is a problem if you try to record directly into the computer. (Latency is the delay between playing something and it registering on the computer and is a problem if you are trying to multi track). A lot of people record into their computers using a USB mic which is OK if you are recording a single track - say you accompanying yourself on the uke but if you then try to add a second track, latency creates problems in getting everything properly synchronised.

This is just something I did for BEV.
O

M

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

:bowdown: +
av-39.gif

GUYS, anyone passing, don't miss this GEM it's GORGEOUS!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

"Change/Happy 50th Birthday to BEVOMU" (An adaptation of the Marc Bolan/T Rex song, 1974, to celebrate BEVOMU's 50th BD.)

Her birthday was back in December when she was offline due to being under the weather (50 years worth of weather). She's back now.

I adapted the T-Rex song for the special occasion. She's given permission for me to post it. Please use the comments if you'd like to join with me in wishing her all good things.

BEVOMU singlehandedly walked me through learning how to post a vid. Without her, I wouldn't be in the Seasons. No words to express the gratitude I feel.

https://youtu.be/drfVdqCaHhM

:smileybounce: :music::bowdown:

The Big Zebra Production of, John Denver's, "For Bobby"
Sung for my new grandson Nickolas.

This song had been already posted for two Seasons but this time it is in German....Nach mir die Sintflut or better known as 'Shiver me timbers'

Last edited:
I've just finished writing this song, and it would fit Myrna's season 19! That goes back a bit, doesn't it! 2012..... But in the years between, Myrna and I have met and become real friends, although she lives in Alaska and I live in the English Midlands! Hoorah fro he Seasons! So it gives me real pleasure to post this here. Her Season was called "A river runs through it!" My song is about when my Dad used to take me fishing with him on the River Severn when I was a child. Very happy memories. I hope you like it if you're looking at this!

This is possibly the earliest published version of the Unfortunate Rake series of songs, published somewhere around 1790 - 1800 but the date is uncertain. It's a little stilted but I've sung it pretty much as written using the familiar "Streets of Laredo" melody. I have another version on my computer whose melody is pretty close in form of the Streets of Laredo. Although other melodies have been collected, in England at least, the melody that became the Streets of Laredo seems to have been used for this song pretty much from the beginning and seems to have originally been an Irish Jig.

After The Garden - Neil Young

This song had been rattling around in my head all day, given the news about the Paris climate accord, and I just became hell bent on getting it outta there.

"Change/Happy 50th Birthday to BEVOMU" (An adaptation of the Marc Bolan/T Rex song, 1974, to celebrate BEVOMU's 50th BD.)

Her birthday was back in December when she was offline due to being under the weather (50 years worth of weather). She's back now.

Greetings,

So I a am 30 days late to read this. Yeah, I never come out here. Here's hoping all good things for BEVOV and for TD in posting this nice touch. And for all who are reading!

Ciao

Top Bottom