The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a Tom Petty song.
I hope he is where he wants to be ....
Gone Too Soon!

A couple hours ago I searched this forum for TP videos and just finished printing this song out to take to ukulele group tonight.
Good one, Pa.

I really think Tom Petty became a better songwriter and musician after George gave him that car trunk full of ukes and they started up the Traveling Wilburys with Zimmy and Roy.

Here's one I did way back in Season 31.

Hello to all my old Seasonista cyber pals.
I'm doing well in retirement and wish you all the best.

Never posted to "The Island" before - but at the suggestion of Turtledrum, here goes. I had fun doing this one - a duet with banjo (banjo-guitar to be precise) and my dogs trying (but failing) to ruin the take.

Great video Joko, very entertaining, and a very good point you make about palm oil.

Ps, did your bike start again after that? :eek:

Last edited:
This was Super kids. Digging the Gitjo Banjotar uke combo. Great solos and harmonies and spirit. (And canine intervention!!)

Welcome Home little Brother. Great to see you and to hear this righteous Tom Song. Bless your heart and his.

A couple hours ago I searched this forum for TP videos and just finished printing this song out to take to ukulele group tonight.
Good one, Pa.

I really think Tom Petty became a better songwriter and musician after George gave him that car trunk full of ukes and they started up the Traveling Wilburys with Zimmy and Roy.

Here's one I did way back in Season 31.

Hello to all my old Seasonista cyber pals.
I'm doing well in retirement and wish you all the best.

Desert Pavement has spoken: No Leon Redbone in this weeks Season so I did one here on the dreaded tenor guitar.

I wrote this for Theme Music's justice theme. I need to edit it, but I like this draft a lot.

Rare trip to the Island for me but I've got an open Mic coming in a couple weeks and I'm trying to work up some more 'proper' covers rather than my once and done jobs on the seasons. One's I can always dig into and develop so it properly works on a uke. This is a work in progress but it's a song I've wanted to play since the first time I've heard it. Might need to get some percussion in though.

I love the Kills. Jamie Hince is one of my favourite guitarists and I wish I could play more like him.

https://youtu.be/PPIy3uiIRb4 (original for comparison)

Top Bottom