The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My son Evan came home for the weekend and we were jammin' for awhile yesterday. Michelle recorded some while we were jammin' to the Man in Black. Apparently, I only remembered one verse of the song.

oooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i tried a song off trent's fab bluegrass list, but i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo far off the bluegrass style i think i better just post it here! i shall keep trying! :music:

I was hoping to have this done for 321, but I feel unenthusiastic about this attempt at songwriting.

As I was listening to various bluegrass tunes yesterday while preparing this week's entry, it occurred to me that bluegrass would make great background music to a travel video. Although I bring my uke with me out on the road, my main creative endeavor is making travel videos. And thanks to Recovering Bassist's theme for this week, I think I've found a theme for this whole trip! Here's a playlist of this journey's vids. There are only two at this point, but it will grow.

My alternative version of Fair and Tender Ladies. A tone lower and with strummed rather than picked accompaniment, c/w S322.

i found a hawkwind song that, TO ME :rolleyes:, had a bit of a folksy feel, made me think maybe it was bluegrass-y (trent: don't be ridiculous!) but obviously by the time it had been through the BEV filter, it was nothing of the kind AT ALL!

bluegrass............................... i think i am moving further away from it!!!!

shall we say, simply, this was inspired (in a roundabout way!) by the current season!

Yup,. having listened to a lot of bluegrass this week, I'm going to make it the theme for my latest series of travel videos.

Aloha Seasonistas!
I went on a hike yesterday with a bunch of kids half my age and a couple other grown ups.
I am easily the most out-of-shape one in the group, so I said I was going to take my ukulele and stop if it got too treacherous for me. I made it to the top!

Since it's probably my home county's greatest moment in history, I had to do this on the 150th anniversary of the hanging.

I started writing this for Outlaws Week. Then life got in the way.

Some background: the Depositors Trust heist of 1980 was the largest and most notorious bank heist in Massachusetts history. It also happened down the street from me. The feds found a watch the safecracker stole for his wife, which was a key piece of evidence. The safecracker later disappeared (or “disappeared” :ahem:). I wanted to write a song from the wife’s perspective. So here it is.

Here's a bonus song for Andy's "Feeling Hot Hot Hot" Season. I recorded this before I realized he wanted literal hotness, and not so much figurative. Thankfully, I did this in one take! Heh...

A little progress report on the Harp Ukulele experiment.

My fingers hurt....so that's great. I haven't played this much in a while. It is starting to become more natural. There is something really enjoyable and rich about the added bass notes.

Top Bottom