The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Linda's awesome version above inspired me to cover this early Beatles song as well.

I brought this Ohana SK21A Sopranino about a year ago on a whim but have only played it a handful of times so thought I'd blow the dust off and attempt this choon on it ...........lots of finger scrunching and difficulty in getting a decent clean sounding note on the 7th fret so wouldn't attempt anything beyond that (unless my name was Ian Emmerson of course). Other than that she plays like a real beauty.

Gimme some truth

No alternative facts. No fake news. could have been a Trickster Trump song.

Written by Ewan MacColl for the 1964 Radio Ballad "The Travelling People" about gypsies and other travellers.

The Radio Ballads were a series of eight radio documentaries which were first broadcast on the BBC between 1958 and 1964. They were groundbreaking in both their mix of speech and song and their use of recordings of the people who the ballads were about. There is more information about the Radio Ballads on the BBC Website

Quite an interesting old film about the rural south called Tobacco Road.
Great dialogue and lots of chomping on turnips, laziness, preachers
and low life bankers and old gospel songs. Played mainly for laughs

Last edited:
Aloha, Seasonista friends! I recently entered a cover-song contest, and if I win my cover could be featured on the X Ambassadors' social media. Please vote for my video here.

Sometimes, I like to go back and look at stuff I've posted on this date, X number of years ago. Over the last five years, that's often been a Seasons video, but this one pre-dates the Seasons... Six years ago. I think you can probably guess what I found out about the ukulele. It wasn't deemed worthy of making my luggage to Asia. The box, on the other hand, I still got it!

"Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home" Ragtime is a distinctly American musical style, ragtime may be considered a synthesis of African syncopation and European classical music.

This is the first shot at improvising a little tune for the lyrics I wrote this afternoon about my life with Terri and the dogs (and cat).

I'll probably try something different rather than this kinda standard bluesy thing but it's what popped out.

Nice to find you again in your new "demoted" position! Still a lovely performance of a lovely song! (And, as I suggested, if you're stuck on the "day thing", why not give "Night and Day" a whirl. I can imagine you doing it splendidly!)

No time this week. I only tried this one because I already knew it and could pull it off fast and easy.

Top Bottom