View Poll Results: Have you ever posted to the Island?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

21 87.50%
  • No, but I will do so today!!!

3 12.50%
Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1935

Thread: The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

I don't recall this ever happening before. The first two songs posted on this new week 320 of the Seasons were the same song! Wee Ginga Ya and I both performed "It Ain't Me, Babe" by Bob Dylan. Very different versions, and I thought it would be a challenge to mash them up. Given our very different tempos, at times it's more of a "round" than a colaboration, but we eventually get back together.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

My son Evan came home for the weekend and we were jammin' for awhile yesterday. Michelle recorded some while we were jammin' to the Man in Black. Apparently, I only remembered one verse of the song.
    Flat flip flies straight.

oooooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i tried a song off trent's fab bluegrass list, but i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo far off the bluegrass style i think i better just post it here! i shall keep trying!

lynda

I think you need a bit of this.........

......or this......

Last edited by Croaky Keith; 04-15-2018 at 07:49 AM.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

thank you keith! i might manage a bit of that dancing! but how am i ever ever ever gonna play that way???!!!
    lynda

I was hoping to have this done for 321, but I feel unenthusiastic about this attempt at songwriting.

An original.

Randy - Harry122

As I was listening to various bluegrass tunes yesterday while preparing this week's entry, it occurred to me that bluegrass would make great background music to a travel video. Although I bring my uke with me out on the road, my main creative endeavor is making travel videos. And thanks to Recovering Bassist's theme for this week, I think I've found a theme for this whole trip! Here's a playlist of this journey's vids. There are only two at this point, but it will grow.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

My alternative version of Fair and Tender Ladies. A tone lower and with strummed rather than picked accompaniment, c/w S322.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

i found a hawkwind song that, TO ME , had a bit of a folksy feel, made me think maybe it was bluegrass-y (trent: don't be ridiculous!) but obviously by the time it had been through the BEV filter, it was nothing of the kind AT ALL!

bluegrass............................... i think i am moving further away from it!!!!

shall we say, simply, this was inspired (in a roundabout way!) by the current season!

lynda

Thread Information