The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Written for Al Jolson. He turned it down! It became Eddie Cantor's greatest hit of the 20's, No. 1 for five weeks in 1926. I got the third verse from the singing of Ukulele Ike. Dedicated to my wife, "The old Susan who nobody know!s" When I first took up ukulele she asked me to learn this song.

Accounts of who originally composed "Has Anybody Seen My Girl?" vary, particularly since the song, especially its lyrics, was often modified. Some sources state that Percy Weinrich wrote the music and Jack Mahoney the lyrics, in 1914. Credit for the most popular version of the song, though, is given to Ray Henderson for the music, and Sam M. Lewis and Joseph Widow Young for the lyrics. It was this version that was recorded by Ukulele Ike in 1926.

Considered doing this one for Randy's nature Season, not that it's about nature at all, just has the word "mountain" in the title. I love this song. First recorded take here.

281-5

I found this Goodbye song this morning. I hadn't heard this one.
I really like some of Avril Lavigne's songs.

I did a side-by-side video for Linda's season with my iPhone (seen here) and my MacBook connected to a Blue Snowball ICE condenser mic. The video content is much clearer and brighter from the phone (as you see here), but because the mic attached to my laptop is somewhat directional, it captured my voice better. (You be the judge if that's an improvement.) Still a few bugs in the system, but this is fun! OH, and this is a Neil Young song from the great Zuma album..

Link to the other vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_V_WBzyH0

Hi Rick, I'm thinking you just need to raise the mic up a bit, about half way between your uke & your mouth, this is what I found with my Samson, which is directional too. :)

(Also, a mic stand is handy to have, not expensive, my Stagg only cost £17.)

Top Bottom