The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for season 277 i tried to put on my son's robot costume...from 5th grade...bad idea...

the more you know!

OH MY GOSH this had me rolling on the floor snorting:rotfl:

Reminded me of trying to get out of a wet sports bra! Hahahahahahahahahaha

That'll never be on film!

Wishing you all the best! An appreciation for all your kind word, thoughts and prayer for Jessie before and after surgery :)

Hugs all around!

Robin has asked that I put this on the Island. My post from the season thread:

I know it's a three-song limit but I couldn't not do this one. The most morbidly-beautiful love song ever written. Perversely it sounds much better on my little Dolphin than on my Korala but I like the juxtaposition.

Right at the edge (some might say beyond) of my vocal range too but please enjoy.

I'm at my Season 279 3 song limit, but this death song has been in my head for a few days, so I did it. First on camera take here.

I was working on this one before Recovering Bassist suggested I do "I'm Gonna Kill You." That song was probably a better choice, being much shorter and more to the point.

Back in the late 1990s, there was a Disney Channel show called So Weird. It starred Cara DeLizia, who played a 14-year-old girl who traveled the country with her family and kept running into all kinds of strange, paranormal goings-on wherever she went. Sort of an X-Files for kids. Her mother, played by Mackenzie Phillips, was the lead singer of a band, and they all lived in a big RV and went wherever they could get paid to play. So anyway, there was one episode where this song came up for some reason, and Phillips did just a snippet of it but it was something I never forgot about.

I was able to find a lead sheet of it with these six stanzas, but the lead sheet didn't include the chords, only the melody, and the following stanzas didn't seem to fit very well with the meter of the first stanza. It was giving me all kinds of headaches trying to figure out until I finally remembered I could probably just find a recording on YouTube and listen to it. The one I found had a slightly different melody that was much easier to sing and made more sense to me, and fit better with all six stanzas.

This song seems to be about a man whose wife (Lorena) died before him, and he is looking forward to finally being with her again. It was popular during the Civil War. The version I listened to used only three stanzas, with some instrumental (fiddle) breaks, and repeated the last two lines of each stanza. I just did it straight through with all six stanzas for historical purposes (yeah, that's why).

Greetings,

Wow there's awesome vids out here. I hope to make more time to visit. I think I need to produce more polished material after seeing some of the beautiful work. I just have no time though, barely manage to do any at all. Thanks for creating such art and music.

Ciao.

Ciao.

I know I should be working on a song for Season 280, and I am.....but this just sort of took shape when I was messing about a few days back. Initially I was playing this on concert uke, but I tried it on the bari and I think it works better.

Sigur Rós released a CD ( ) where all of the lyrics on are sung in Vonlenska,
a constructed language of nonsense syllables which resembles the phonology
of the Icelandic language. (A bit like Glossolalia or speaking in tongues.)
It has also been said that the listener is supposed to interpret their own meanings
of the lyrics which can then be written in the blank pages in the album booklet.

This is an old original song and it could have been for season 281 and it is
a bit of a curiosity since it only has one understandable words in it HELLO
and rest are Vonlenska stylings. The visuals are a small planet of the local school
overlapped with the galaxy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom