The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A new season featuring the MDQ... Linda, I assume you knew that Johnny Cash would have been 85 today.

Late for 262

I was working on this one last week, but it never came together. During a rough afternoon I picked up the Firefly and thought, what the heck.

Lorde, one of my favorite pop singers, released a new song today. So I had to cover it. It's a little off the cuff, but I hope you like it!

Picking a RHCP tune,The Zephyr Song. If anyone knows what the lyrics mean in the verses perhaps they could enlighten me.

This is such an unexpected song from you mate...I think Anthony may be on heroin because I read the lyrics and they make no sense to me, but this is gold. SOLID GOLD.
Picking a RHCP tune,The Zephyr Song. If anyone knows what the lyrics mean in the verses perhaps they could enlighten me.

Some St. Pats Week silliness...looks like we will be dropping them
here as we get them out of our system until Friday

Since this is our spot for mis-behaving...Well, a badge of distinction I have never worried about. No Ukulele here, but I have an orange guitar goodness sakes and I played this song 20,000 time before I got it right...So I wanna share it and they laughed me off the Gee-tar forum. Rare Auld Times

Rehearsal for Friday. You need some lungs for this song. i stuffed up 'meadow'. There's kind of no place to draw breath.
Oh - green shirt - green hat - no pants ....

Last edited:
Another Rocker joins the Angel Band! R.I.P. Chuck Berry.

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry". - John Lennon.

"Chuck" Berry (October 18, 1926 – March 18, 2017) was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. His performing and recording career extended over 72 years. His final album, announced on his 90th birthday is Scheduled to come out in 2017. Berry was among the first musicians to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on its opening in 1986; he was cited for having "laid the groundwork for not only a rock and roll sound but a rock and roll stance."

Bob Dylan called Berry "the Shakespeare of rock 'n' roll"

With songs such as "Maybellene" (1955), "Roll Over Beethoven" (1956), "Rock and Roll Music" (1957) and "Johnny B. Goode" (1958), Berry refined and developed rhythm and blues into the major elements that made rock and roll distinctive, with lyrics successfully aimed to appeal to the early teenage market and utilizing guitar solos and showmanship that would be a major influence on subsequent rock music.

"My music is simple stuff. Anybody can sit down, look at a set of symbols and produce sounds the music represents". Chuck Berry

Hahaha- All right! This is building steam for sure. Let me add another log for the fire.
Tommy did DIng-A-Ling....that is so RAD!!!!!!
Keep 'em coming folks because my Catalan singing is at this point NEVER seeing the light of day. Even I have standards

Chuck Barris was the creator and host of the best game show ever. He also wrote this song for Freddie "Boom Boom" Cannon. I tuned my ukulele up to D tuning so I could sing it in E.

Top Bottom