View Poll Results: Have you ever posted to the Island?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

21 87.50%
  • No, but I will do so today!!!

3 12.50%
Page 176 of 184 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1839

Thread: The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Couldn't resist playing one for Chuck.

Another Rocker joins the Angel Band! R.I.P. Chuck Berry.

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry". - John Lennon.

"Chuck" Berry (October 18, 1926 March 18, 2017) was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. His performing and recording career extended over 72 years. His final album, announced on his 90th birthday is Scheduled to come out in 2017. Berry was among the first musicians to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on its opening in 1986; he was cited for having "laid the groundwork for not only a rock and roll sound but a rock and roll stance."

Bob Dylan called Berry "the Shakespeare of rock 'n' roll"

With songs such as "Maybellene" (1955), "Roll Over Beethoven" (1956), "Rock and Roll Music" (1957) and "Johnny B. Goode" (1958), Berry refined and developed rhythm and blues into the major elements that made rock and roll distinctive, with lyrics successfully aimed to appeal to the early teenage market and utilizing guitar solos and showmanship that would be a major influence on subsequent rock music.

"My music is simple stuff. Anybody can sit down, look at a set of symbols and produce sounds the music represents". Chuck Berry

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

One more for Mr. Berry

Hahaha- All right! This is building steam for sure. Let me add another log for the fire.
    Tommy did DIng-A-Ling....that is so RAD!!!!!!
    Keep 'em coming folks because my Catalan singing is at this point NEVER seeing the light of day. Even I have standards

Flashback ..... "Year Of The Cat" (Written by Al Stewart, 1976)

Written on St Patrick's. Put to a poorish tune. I tried to make a better one, here.
    It's the songs, isn't it?

Chuck Barris was the creator and host of the best game show ever. He also wrote this song for Freddie "Boom Boom" Cannon. I tuned my ukulele up to D tuning so I could sing it in E.

Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Default Tutto Nero (Paint It Black)

Well, I haven't been on these shores for quite a while. I'd researched all these Italian songs for Srax's season, only to realise when checking the rubric, that there was a 3-song limit - and of course, this is what this Island's all about. So without further ado, I present to you the first of 4 songs I knocked off tonight. There's some flubs here and there, but as they're hors concours, I let them go.

A big (Italian) hit for Caterina Caselli back in 1966 - her "golden year" according to Italian Wikipedia! Italian lyrics by Luciano Beretta. Great fun, but a real tongue-twister (check out her version to see how it should be done):

Last edited by redpaul1; 03-24-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Thread Information