The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wow!
Out of the blue a package arrives and it's a uke made by Doug Frink!!
I sent him a small piece of huon pine some time ago and he told me he had made the sound board of a uke using it. He didn't tell me he was sending it all the way to Australia though.
Just Wow!
Here's a little paoriginal to show how darn happy I am!
Thank you so much Doug!!

Wow! The uke looks and sounds so good!

Chuck Berry is 90 today. And he's releasing an album of new music next year. That is all.

a poem I wrote last Christmas Eve called "Elegy at Christmas".
Today I made a video for the verses and some music accompaniment on a baritone uke.

I was thinking about using this one for season 245, but didn't because a) even though it has fairly simple chords, for some reason I have a hard time playing it, and b) it mentions a specific time frame and therefore has become dated. This was on Juice Newton's 1983 album Dirty Looks. According to wikipedia, Kenny Rogers later recorded it in 1987 but I've never heard his version.

This song reminds me strongly of my own very small home town.

Wood Newton also wrote "Riding With Private Malone," which I did for last year's Halloween season.

Here's a little Halloween song written by Burt Bacharach and Mack David for the eponymous movie.

My response to those who would build walls and vilify people of foreign origin.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- Emma Lazarus

My response to those who would build walls and vilify people of foreign origin.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- Emma Lazarus

Are you thinking about anyone in particular here???? (Nice one, Tommy!)

I had a candy-themed song planned for this week, but I've been going through a bout with anxiety and depression and couldn't get it together. I wanted to put something up, so here's a Lady Gaga cover.

I had a candy-themed song planned for this week, but I've been going through a bout with anxiety and depression and couldn't get it together. I wanted to put something up, so here's a Lady Gaga cover.

So sorry to hear that Chelsea. Get out and get some fresh air. Maybe that'll help a little.

I've been distracted by kitchen remodeling but working on my Amazonian Suite. This is a segment on two different dGBE Tenors, which sounds the best?
The Rubin is more complex but the Caramel is cleaner, to me at least. Tell me what you think.

BEV got me started on this and I've got a few tunes done but no lyrics yet.

I've been learning this one for a gig but it seems right for the times. Doesn't fit in with this week's season but I want to get this up *now*.

Top Bottom