The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The song 'Strawberry Fields Forever' was credited to the Lennon-McCartney duo even though it was John's song. Paul had the flipside of the single release with Penny Lane. In any case, I made this video yesterday, and I think the Seasonistas mind find it illustrative as a slice-of-life thingy for what it's like here in exotic Yangon, Myanmar.

P is for Gylan sitting on the Potty!

a "love song" for my little nephew. I feel a little embarrassed to post this on season 174 -silly love songs....because I have already posted so many songs, and a comedy sketch, and then a serious song about world peace....so here this goes!

Born to Blun... durr!

Senior moment. I know what this week's (Season 177's) theme is, and I know intimately the entirety of the Springsteen canon. That didn't stop me going 'Oh good! A chance to do an acoustic version of Born To Run!'

Born In The USA, blockhead! It was only as I was in the process of writing the description for the video upload that that "D'oh!!" moment hit me. So here it is, apropos of nothing at all.

Blowin' in the Wind

my less protest-y version of this song, for season 177.
But I still like it. so this is how it got here.

I made this about three weeks ago somewhere in between the Honky Tonk and the Silly Love Song seasons. Please check out the original by russbuss415. His version has the lyrics posted.

This song is on the list for season 177 but I don't think it should be. I'd like to split my entry and say, "here's the one that counts but I don't like it and i'm sending it to the island"

This was something my brother and I put together for our other brother's birthday. My brother Mike is a big fan of the Texas cattle drive days, and this song is one of his favorites.

Here's "The Goodnight Loving Trail" by Utah Phillips, for two singers, baritone ukulele, Ashbory U-bass, and melodica, plus a little narrated intro describing the historical trail of the title:

I just realized that it's been 4 years this month since I started the Island here because I was/still am a bad seasonista and wanted to respect the great job that hosts take on.

I'd just like to thank all of you who have posted here so far and especially all of the hosts who have included an instruction to send your one or two or twelve songs "too many" here where they can be loved and protected.

Please consider checking by here every week or so and leaving or watching a video or three!

Finally, thanks to Red Paul and all of the rest of you who have kept compiling playlists here. I've gotta say, there's still some damn fine tunes here that no one but the singer has ever heard so jump in the water and splash around a spell.

Love,
alan

yes indeed alan bless you for starting this thread... this one, and the anticipation thread, are such a part of seasons life that one wonders how on earth anyone managed before we had them!

Top Bottom