The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bless her heart, Rani tries to help. And I needed it on this song. It was meant for Season 325, but it wound up in a much better place.

Earlier this year, I posted a covers album to SoundCloud. I made this to pull myself out of a funk and to learn GarageBand. Today we released a video for the song I Want U.

Took some time today to record a cover from a new album, just released a few weeks ago, and also tinkered around with some producer effects/multitracking. You'll have to let me know what you think. I kinda fell apart toward the end ... such is life :)

Here's an extra for Season 328, this is my favorite song this week, an old Del Reeves song I'd never heard before. Stumbled on it while the board was down last week, and oddly enough, had most of Lynda's nickname as the title.

Been meaning to work on this for a while and decided to do so this week after i used up my quota on the season by Monday.

Looking to play it at an open Mic that my dad's going to because he loves this song so honest feedback is appreciated. Vocals can do with a bit more welly but I had to hold back because the family is still asleep. I'm more worried about whether the arrangement works

Last edited:
I put a spell on you ( Ukulele cover )

Transitioning a 3 chord song into something a bit more complicated.
with a limited degree of success.

Pa's theme for this new week made me think of this silly original I wrote for a friend named Josh. He expressed many times his disdain for song in minor keys. So I write a song him using nothing but minor chords.

Rod McKuen' version has always been my favourite and I like it even better than George Moustaki's original in French ( Ma solitude)

Top Bottom