The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK
I'm in G
It was released as a single in 1968 but was on Rock of Ages - a live in concert album in 1972.
A song I've always liked but have never done - so if I've mistimed the lyrics that's why - but join in anyway please -
The Weight.

Hey Rob and all, I started a community called Ukulele Underground on G+ if anyone wants to join up. I stated that we weren't the folks who own the site just members who love the place. If you join it will show up in your feed.

Search communities and you're there.

I have a circle called SEUKERS that I put all of my uker pals (SEUKERS, UWC folks, TBUGgers (that didn't come out right...) the professor and MaryAnne.)

If'n you can't beat 'em out number 'em.

The most important video I've ever made was about a song that came out in 1988. when I was 18.

Sorry to get in the way of Joko's VERY important video (don't miss it!)
But this is an idea I had at Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway last week and Julie Austin and I were talking about adding a play without reading the music segment to our SEUKER jams even for new folks. Here's the second try at getting that idea started, albeit with some errors. Ideas? Thanks.

They Might Be Giants released their debut album in 1986, a few months after I turned 18. They've been a constant presence in my life since.

My 18th birthday was the day I moved into my college dormitory. With the information that we received was a flyer for the Columbia House music club - buy 12 cassettes (yes, cassettes) for a penny. What a bargain! You were supposed to buy a certain number more at full price each year, which of course I didn't, but the tapes I got were the bedrock of my freshman year soundtrack. Among them was "The Queen Is Dead" by the Smiths. Here's one track off that, dedicated to Senator Rand Paul.

When I saw the theme I had to think of Flim by Aphex Twin. But I found out it was from 97 instead of 95...
But we recorded it anyway!

There is almost no way to describe how much I love this. I encourage all misfits to join me in declaring We Tigers the first ever winnners (without portfolio) of this week's Misfits Shadow Season. That was just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

When I saw the theme I had to think of Flim by Aphex Twin. But I found out it was from 97 instead of 95...
But we recorded it anyway!

This is just Terrific, Koa. Be sure you enter the actual season with your choice, too if you haven't. If your prize is just to be the pride of at least one of your fellow ukers, you've already won however. I've always loved this song, too.

My 18th birthday was the day I moved into my college dormitory. With the information that we received was a flyer for the Columbia House music club - buy 12 cassettes (yes, cassettes) for a penny. What a bargain! You were supposed to buy a certain number more at full price each year, which of course I didn't, but the tapes I got were the bedrock of my freshman year soundtrack. Among them was "The Queen Is Dead" by the Sm

Gasp!

It's hard to believe this is by the same fellah who killed with the Smiths. You are one talented folkie, my friend!

They Might Be Giants released their debut album in 1986, a few months after I turned 18. They've been a constant presence in my life since.

High time I joined in on the misfits thread and contribute. I must say I enjoy one entry seasons and I also enjoy the fact that this season left me with many choices. I worked on this one the most, but went with Neil Young for my entry. 1977's Natural Mystic from the album Exodus. The epitome of reggae for me. Nothing else even gets close.

Here's a song by Warren Zevon. My voice is still not up to snuff so I'm waiting till later in the week to film my entries to Season 91. So this is a Season 91 bonus.

There is almost no way to describe how much I love this. I encourage all misfits to join me in declaring We Tigers the first ever winnners (without portfolio) of this week's Misfits Shadow Season. That was just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
I'll second that motion, Mr. Chairman! Ambient uke, who'da thunk it?

This is just Terrific, Koa. Be sure you enter the actual season with your choice, too if you haven't. If your prize is just to be the pride of at least one of your fellow ukers, you've already won however. I've always loved this song, too.
Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I liked the Smiths tune too, but had even more fun with the Prince tune I dropped into the Season itself.

High time I joined in on the misfits thread and contribute. I must say I enjoy one entry seasons and I also enjoy the fact that this season left me with many choices. I worked on this one the most, but went with Neil Young for my entry. 1977's Natural Mystic from the album Exodus. The epitome of reggae for me. Nothing else even gets close.
I know I say it after every video you post, but I can't get enough of that cool, calming, effortless style.

** WARNING ** the following content contains angry uke'ing related to google+ youtube comments and may not be appropriate for children, small furry animals and those easily offended by the work f**k. You have been warned.

I am linking to this simply because I found it amusing and is not a reflection of my current opinion about the new google+ requirement on youtube comments. I have not yet formed an opinion on this but I do agree that it was done in a very draconian way.

** WARNING ** the following content contains angry uke'ing related to google+ youtube comments and may not be appropriate for children, small furry animals and those easily offended by the work f**k. You have been warned.

I am linking to this simply because I found it amusing and is not a reflection of my current opinion about the new google+ requirement on youtube comments. I have not yet formed an opinion on this but I do agree that it was done in a very draconian way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTq8TrA3hb4

She's well on the way to one million hits. She'll be on Breakfast TV next.

I had hoped to get this uploaded yesterday but it was not to be. I've been at a mini folk festival all weekend so I did not get to record it until yesterday morning but I felt I had to record this song from Freewheelin', especially as yesterday was remembrance day.

Bob Dylans outburst about warmongers.

I clicked LIKE.

YouTube is running along well so they hitch the poorly performing Google+ on behind.

Slow boat to china

A quick rendition of a DIVINE MS M song.

CHORDS USED IN THIS SONG
Bb

G7

Eb

Edim

D7
Cmin7

F7

Ebmin
blank.gif
"On a Slow Boat to China" by Frank Loesser
Verse 1: