The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now you know you love Bill like we all doo. I love all hosts because hosting is a thankless job. I respek that they don't have all the time in the world to listen to my diarreahic output, so a clubhouse, yes?
Hahaha- Well of course I do! He knew one song would be a kick in the gut for some of us ;)
thanks for the sing-a-long!

hehehe.... I love you guys and your innumerable video shenanigans. Thanks for playing along with my 'focus on one tune' theme this week - Alan knows, I can be a bit OCD about working on a particular tune and I was trying to inflict my neurosis on the Seasonista community at large. Believe me though, Dave, that Shaver tune tempts me to bend the rules a bit....

hehehe.... I love you guys and your innumerable video shenanigans. Thanks for playing along with my 'focus on one tune' theme this week - Alan knows, I can be a bit OCD about working on a particular tune and I was trying to inflict my neurosis on the Seasonista community at large. Believe me though, Dave, that Shaver tune tempts me to bend the rules a bit....
Bill, I understand. Some maniac posted 16 videos during my Season.* (And by some strange coincidence, did you know there was a racehorse named Shenanigans?)

*Okay, this was actually awesome.

Splendid, Son, one of your best!!
Bring me more songs, please.
I'm too wrapped up with rehearsal/performances this week to even get on video done so far and it's Thursday!
but it's been blissful. I'll tell you all about it under the Joshua Tree infinitly starred sky one day.

Now you are just egging me on Lily...
Please don't feed the animals

Didn't know this one before somehow but it's just my kind of song.
Thanks for bringing it and if not killing it certainly breathing great life into my day.
Love yer singin' here, brother.

Is this the Killers or did I KILL it? ;-)

I just saw where TCK is doing Season 87 and was going to do Motown. We should help him with a theme. I thinkin' the Best of Bobby Sherman?

Haha- Ummm, I am not certain what to do with such a breadth of musical greatness...but rest easy and enjoy the happy hour, a new theme has been selected.
I just saw where TCK is doing Season 87 and was going to do Motown. We should help him with a theme. I thinkin' the Best of Bobby Sherman?

Alan- If I could include yours here I would...but the powers that run our forum will not let me.
If I have told this story before, try and stop me...
When I was a kid, I was kind of portly (crap- I still am, but I could care less now). I was the overweight GATE kid with "HUSKY" written across the rear end of his rockin' corduroy pants, and not exactly a hit with the ladies.
In 7th Grade, I fell for the cutest girl I had ever seen. She was abnormally tall (and I abnormally short), quiet, alarmingly skinny, gap in her front teeth you could floss with a beach towel, and to me, she was a goddess. She was also very strange...see, she had older siblings and they had turned her on to a band called the "Cure" that none of us had ever heard of, and they were pretty much all she ever talked about.
I decided that was my "in"- go seek out this "Cure"...might just be the cure for geek I was looking for, so I started listening to college radio (thank god). I saved every penny I could for what seemed like an eternity to go buy some vinyl, and it was hard earned. I got a penny for every two snails I eradicated in my dad's garden so I was the bringer of death for Helix aspera daily, for months, rain or shine, until I had the $9.99.
Off to Tower Records we went in August of 1985, and I picked up "Head On The Door". My little sister was in tow, telling me I could never listen to her records again (what, Debbie Gibson?) if I bought it, but I did not care. This purchase was for love dammit, and it was going to happen.
Being the first kid in 7th grade with the record made me no more cool (however, the Red Hot Chili Peppers record did increase my standing..and the Dead Kennedys, well...), but I found solace in it, as I played it over and over again lamenting the fact that I was not even going to get to dance with this girl at the dance (testosterone is a hell of a mind trip when it first kicks in). I wish I could report that the girl was instantly smitten, but no, she simply asked for a tape...though she did agree to be my friend and at least talk to me, a social sacrifice in itself.
By the end of the year, I was on to bigger and better things, like driving the adults in my life insane (thank you college radio-punk rock was my redeemer). I had a new found status among everyone at my school because not giving a toss about anything really seems to reel them in (like a car crash)... Somewhere out there there is an old tape of "Bay Area Backroads" where yours truly, complete with Robert Smith hair and make-up is talking about a Goya he painted on the wall of his school at the end of that 7th grade year.
Oh yes- and I love this record. I love it like I love breathing. thank you Alan for the trip down memory lane...and right back attcha.
TCK rule employed.

Last edited:
Alan- If I could include yours here I would...but the powers that run our forum will not let me.
If I have told this story before, try and stop me...
When I was a kid, I was kind of portly (crap- I still am, but I could care less now). I was the overweight GATE kid with "HUSKY" written across the rear end of his rockin' corduroy pants, and not exactly a hit with the ladies.
In 7th Grade, I fell for the cutest girl I had ever seen. She was abnormally tall (and I abnormally short), quiet, alarmingly skinny, gap in her front teeth you could floss with a beach towel, and to me, she was a goddess. She was also very strange...see, she had older siblings and they had turned her on to a band called the "Cure" that none of us had ever heard of, and they were pretty much all she ever talked about.
I decided that was my "in"- go seek out this "Cure"...might just be the cure for geek I was looking for, so I started listening to college radio (thank god). I saved every penny I could for what seemed like an eternity to go buy some vinyl, and it was hard earned. I got a penny for every two snails I eradicated in my dad's garden so I was the bringer of death for Helix aspera daily, for months, rain or shine, until I had the $9.99.
Off to Tower Records we went in August of 1985, and I picked up "Head On The Door". My little sister was in tow, telling me I could never listen to her records again (what, Debbie Gibson?) if I bought it, but I did not care. This purchase was for love dammit, and it was going to happen.
Being the first kid in 7th grade with the record made me no more cool (however, the Red Hot Chili Peppers record did increase my standing..and the Dead Kennedys, well...), but I found solace in it, as I played it over and over again lamenting the fact that I was not even going to get to dance with this girl at the dance (testosterone is a hell of a mind trip when it first kicks in). I wish I could report that the girl was instantly smitten, but no, she simply asked for a tape...though she did agree to be my friend and at least talk to me, a social sacrifice in itself.
By the end of the year, I was on to bigger and better things, like driving the adults in my life insane (thank you college radio-punk rock was my redeemer). I had a new found status among everyone at my school because not giving a toss about anything really seems to reel them in (like a car crash)... Somewhere out there there is an old tape of "Bay Area Backroads" where yours truly, complete with Robert Smith hair and make-up is talking about a Goya he painted on the wall of his school at the end of that 7th grade year.
Oh yes- and I love this record. I love it like I love breathing. thank you Alan for the trip down memory lane...and right back attcha.
TCK rule employed.

I'm not a huge Cure fan but that's my favorite of theirs. Excellent cover Dave. Loved the story. Even loved Bay Area Back Roads. I'll have to track down that episode.

It is ridiculous, but man was I cute ;) I was also on Home Turf...I figure the only Skinhead (a bit later) they ever interviewed (but being a traditional- I was boring...NEXT).
I'm not a huge Cure fan but that's my favorite of theirs. Excellent cover Dave. Loved the story. Even loved Bay Area Back Roads. I'll have to track down that episode.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed that we're not able to get a song done this week. Too much work and other things...
I did however record a Motown song back in March. I just listened to it again and was still quite pleased with the recording. I don't want to pollute the Season85 thread with something old, but I reckon there's a little spot on this island for a tune like this.

Didn't know this one before somehow but it's just my kind of song.
Thanks for bringing it and if not killing it certainly breathing great life into my day.
Love yer singin' here, brother.

This is a GREAT song Davey, and the original...well I ain't never heard it. I think I will leave it that way. This is gold mate.

No Dave you must NOT leave it that way. Here is a video of them singing it live and someone you know singing and clapping along. ;-)

Top Bottom