The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought that Rex's take on this old Marty Robbins song was just about perfect - so I decided to play along with him! I added a couple of tracks of piano using GarageBand and my little Korg keyboard. I hope you enjoy!

Things don't always go too well in the run up to Christmas. It struck a chord with members of the audience.

Recorded at an open Mic last Tuesday (13 Dec). The title I gave it when I wrote it was "Christmas Woes"

I didn't get one done for Season 253.... some lovely people did this, a carol wot I wrote.... and I thought it was time I did a video of it myself. When I video'd it originally, I forgot I had written a fourth verse and left it out.

So here's my excuse for missing the last few seasons. In addition to finishing off a big project, I was working on this instrumental, and when I finally got some time off, the weather was just perfect, so I went snorkeling. The location is about 25 minutes' drive from where I live, but it will be more like 45 minutes once I move to the new house. You can see the results in the video and the audio. The song is Kaze no Toorimichi (Path of the Wind) from the movie Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro). I figure that ocean currents count as "wind."

It was mentioned in a comment on my recent video that I should get a gig bag with backpack straps. I thought you all might be curious to see how one carries a uke on a motorbike. The neck slides perfectly through the loop at the top of my backpack...a fee bungee cords. Secure as can be!

16298698_10209924836176342_7642336299932792918_n.jpg

January 25 is Burns Night! Robert Burns, (January 25, 1759 -July 21, 1796). It is a Yearly Celebration of Scotland's National Poet, Burns Night, in effect a second national day, is celebrated on Burns's birthday, 25 January, with Burns suppers around the world, and is more widely observed in Scotland than the official national day, St. Andrew's Day.Robert Burns. "Rabbie " Burns was a Poet, Song Writer, Folklorist and is considered to be a Founder of the Romantic Movement.

Happy Birthday Maureen!

Burn's Night Playlist

-

Celebrating the arrival of my Pono Nui Big Baritone BT 10, with a song called "The Dance", written by Tony Arata for Garth Brooks.

I loved it Lil. The Big Baritone sure complements your voice. Nice finger picking too. Bring on the big Bari!

Top Bottom