The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This song was in my throw away pile over a year ago and the awesome Hary Parker found it lately and made it into something wonderful!! He even gave it a chorus it never had.

Last edited:

I've had a tough couple of weeks (which is why I haven't posted much in here), but I wanted to share this with you guys.

By the way, I apologize for commenting less on others' videos. I've had some health setbacks over the past few weeks. I will be better about commenting from this week on.

This is Farm related, but I couldn't really put it in Linda's season 290 cos it hasn't , as far as I'm aware but happy to be proven otherwise, been played at Farm Aid, and it isn't an original ( well I suppose it is, but by Andy Partridge, not me ;)).

Here's a new version of my original song "I Say Hello, She Says Goodbye" that I filtered and mixed with a sound effect to make it sound like an old scratchy 78 rpm record.

Gee, wonder why this song popped in my head the other day....... This was a hit for Leon Everette in the early 80's. Jimmy C. Newman did this one as well.

Well, I'm kind of bored tonight, so here's something. Recovering Bassist's cover of "Hurricane" that had the Ponchartrain in it reminded me that I had begun practicing this song for some past season but didn't use it. If I ever use it for a season, I'll probably overdub some melodica to try and mimic the accordion. Original by Lucinda Williams, but I'm more familiar with Emmylou Harris' cover of it. Brief commentary at the end to explain what the French terms mean.

I realized when watching this video that a needle scar is clearly visible in my right arm. This is not from drug use. I have an identical scar in my left arm as well. They are from the late 1990s when I used to regularly donate plasma for some extra money.

Last of the harvest is in and the nights are turning cold in Finland.
Here s a lovely song about loss and longing.

Earlier this week I found out that Hüsker Dü drummer Grant Hart had died of kidney cancer. Like many dirtbag Gen-Xers, Hüsker Dü made me feel less alone during my difficult formative years. I had an opportunity to book a show for Grant at a time when booking shows was the last thing I should be doing... and this happened. I always hoped I'd have a chance to do right by him, but I never did.

Here's a bonus for the Drug Season. A Jimmy C. Newman song, written by Tom T Hall from 1969. This 45's of this song were actually recalled after complaints from country radio stations, and from the FFA, both of whom were offended by this one! lol

If you're a fan of the Boston Red Sox, you might know that the City of Boston is talking about renaming Yawkey Way for someone less controversial. My dad was a diehard member of the Fenway Faithful, and if he were still alive he'd have a suggestion for a new honoree.

This is for my poor, beleaguered husband, Harry, who has been in hospital since the last week of July. A week ago, he was sent to a convalescence home, so, I am hoping against hope, that he might actually be back here with me in the next few weeks! I remembered this song from ages ago, but had real difficulty tracking down any chords and when I finally found some, I wasn't quite sure where to put them! To paraphrase the great Eric Morecambe, I had all the right chords, but not necessarily in the right order! A very big "thank you", then, to my very kind friend, Jon, who took the time and trouble to sort the song out for this musically-challenged person!

Top Bottom