hawaiian traditional music

We'll be in Waikiki in a couple of weeks - I think I've left it too late to learn a song for a kanikapila..... got no books, left that too late..... has anyone got a quickfix song that isn't too tricky? Please?

We'll be in Waikiki in a couple of weeks - I think I've left it too late to learn a song for a kanikapila..... got no books, left that too late..... has anyone got a quickfix song that isn't too tricky? Please?
And - I've just discovered White Sandy Beach, by Iz...... would that be acceptable? Or should it be a Hawaiian song in the Hawaiian language? Be honest now......

Check Island Music Network for traditional Hawaiian as well as contemporary stuff. The mele will vary with the crowd. Songs like Koke`e and Wahine Ilikea are popular with kanikapila groups.

I have several songbooks of Hawaiian music in the collection, scanned to PDF. Contact me if you want to know about them.

Top Bottom