Drumjolele (noun; dr'hum-jhu-lei'lei') = Hand Drum + Junk Guitar Neck

cebukenieduke

Reaction score
I maybe considered as a Jr. UU family member, but, ever since I was accepted here, tons of information openly contributed by Uke loving members gave me an edge and be afflicted with UAS. This is not the "Acquisition" type but more of the "A"ddiction type. Why?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDi7dIqHZDw

The Youtube link above will convince you; I don't intend to step into the shoe of a Uke luthier; I don't even play the banjo; but come to think of it . . . . my DRUMJOLELE is my 4th DIY home made and hand crafted 4 string instrument. Is there any rehab for Uke lovers?

cool, how does it sound?

I anticipated such query . . . banjo is quite a different breed. . . You need to have a fast slinging fingers which I still have to adopt. Give me some days to figure out a good piece, have to give justice to my resurrected "pinochio"; while at the same time I can't afford to dissapoint UU Banjo Luthiers since I'm bound to step-in within their confines.

Just what I admit, I'm a YOKEL . . . . "Curiosity is the mother of creation" . . . .

I really enjoyed watching your documentary and your sense of humor as well. Some really nice work involved in that project. Thanks for sharing.

This 4 string jumping flea really brought a lot of excitement and changed my routine. Never crossed my mind that my Soap Box Derby carpentry skills will make wonders in the field of string instrument. Same goes teaching grade school kids not for anything else but for fun. Got to convince seven warm bodies of senior years to buy and strum this figure of eight wood. Wait till I finally finish my 2nd and 3rd DIY (still work in progress) Ukes that were designed outside the realms of Mother Land using discarded, left for dead, thrash, overused, and orphaned guitars coming back alive with a design contrary to the usual norm. But in the meantime, I have to hone my fingers and prepare to please the request of Kdogg. Tried "Dueling Banjo" but ended up buying liniment ointment to sooth aching fingers. Hope this is not Uke arthritis.......

No real need to please my request,I was just curious.If your creation pleases you and those you play for then the long hours spent in surgery have been successful...
I too enjoyed the Documentary...

Top Bottom