Thr5a vs loudbox mini

boyboylover

Reaction score
I am going to buy the fishman loudbox mini for my ukulele (kamaka HF3) practice... but... recently I find that amplifier called 'yamaha THR5A' for accoustic guitar too... um... so confusing?!

Which one is better? Anyone have tried both of them? :cool:

I own the Loudbox Mini, and have tried out the Yamaha THR5A (and one of its 10-watt cousins). The Loudbox is . . . louder, and has a mic input, and some other features that the THR5A does not have (although it looks like the Yamaha has a little more in effects). I liked the Yamaha (especially the 10-watt version) when I tried it. It's a lot smaller and lighter than the Loudbox, and costs less; whether it "does less" depends on what you want it for or think you might want it for in the future.

Yes, I think... I would like to have more accoustic feel, standard volume, small, because my room area is small ^^ The 10-watt version? Do you mean the THR10? It is the best for the electric guitar like distortion. I wonder if it is still good for the acoustic one?

Agree. I have a Loudbox Mini as well and it's an incredible acousitic two channel amp. You can use it for two instruments, or one instrument and vocals (which it is designed for but works either way). Just can't say enough about the Fishman. I think for the money it's the best value out there, can be super loud or soft but with full sound, not losing quality playing it on low volume.

Good luck,

I own the Loudbox Mini, and have tried out the Yamaha THR5A (and one of its 10-watt cousins). The Loudbox is . . . louder, and has a mic input, and some other features that the THR5A does not have (although it looks like the Yamaha has a little more in effects). I liked the Yamaha (especially the 10-watt version) when I tried it. It's a lot smaller and lighter than the Loudbox, and costs less; whether it "does less" depends on what you want it for or think you might want it for in the future.

I also have the loudbox.....it is an amazing accoustic amp. I play my Kamaka 8 string through it and sounds awesome!! Well worth the extra money

In that price range, boyboylover, I still recommend the Roland AC-33. It gives you the versatility of three controllable channels, plenty of power and battery or A/C power along with effects and anti-feedback. If size is not an issue, you can save some money and get a lot of features with an Acoustic AG30:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-AG30-30W-1x8-Acoustic-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104839055-i1425156.gc

DV016_Jpg_Large_500133.001_black_V.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_500133.001_black_front_angle.jpg

Top Bottom